Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Kirroughtree and Dalbeattie Forum Ride – Report and Pics
  • Trekster

Spoke to Simon earler, he`s off to pack for his trip down south.
    Wished him well and a safe journey.

Possible xmas ride at Mabie was mentioned for Dec Mon 28th, Tues 29th or Wed 30th. We will come back to you all on that one.

For anyone wanting to ride some hills or cheeky trails around my patch it might be easier to us;
    linky thing

Or;
    another linky thing

e-mail would be good

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yep – if this weekend's riding was a target for me getting fit, my next target is to get two wheels off the ground. There's the skills loop at Mabie, so once I get back, if anyone feels they are some kind of jumping god, then you would be more than welcome to come along and help me get some genuine PHAT air, as after seeing my Ae pics, I forget who but someone suggested that I may not have actually got GENUINE airtime. I really feel I may have done at Glentress but again not too sure now, so yeah, come along over Christmas and help make me a jumping god, now I am the Rock God* of Dalbeattie and Kirroughtree 😀

* to be honest Trekster has noted certain rock riding elements of my repertoire that could be improved, in that a lot of time I am moving my front wheel to dodge one rock only to get stuck, whereas the theory is just to ride straight over stuff and let the bike go with the flow heh

Electrogirl
    Free Member

Thank you one and all for all the great pics and vids. So nice to have a reminder of the fab weekend!

See you soon, I hope.

EG

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Just in case you are wondering, dalbeattie was even drier and dustier tonight 🙂 Great evening ride after work

simonralli2
    Free Member

I got a total drubbing today, soaking wet……

But then I was swimming 🙂

davy-g
    Free Member

eh up Simon…. here is the easy way to run the chute @ McMoab McMoab Chute Courtesy of Mark Wilcox and some mad Spanish guy Wall Chute

craig1975
    Free Member

i want too see you doing that next time Davy-p 😀

davy-g
    Free Member

craig1975 – Member
    i want too see you doing that next time Davy

aye nae bother, I will just follow your lead…. 😛 😕

first I need a bike as i have sold my old spesh.. looking to purchase a new full susser.. , as I don't fancy attempting the chute in reverse on my old Trek HT 4500

Trekster

what you looking at davy? Orange 5 from Clair/Sam?

davy-g
    Free Member

Hi John, I was looking at the Orange ST4 S, still can't make up my mind about it yet as to me it seems very little bike for an awful lot of money!!
    I am also looking at 2nd hand bikes as well..toss up between the Spesh Enduro-FSR stumpy or a GT force model… my head is bustin with specs and figures…

davy-g
    Free Member

just an update to the bike choice… I plumped for the 09 Commencal Meta 55 UK LTD Edition with XT-SLX parts and with the smokey black Fox Forks…. nice and plush machine… will try and get some pics hosted later today

Trekster

see me, I don`t really worry about spec, just gotta ride good. Anyone I know with the Commencal likes them.

Just back from Peaks and spoilt myself with a purchase 😈
    Just gotta build it up now.

davy-g
    Free Member

Just to let everyone know that young Davy (the kid with the red merlin hard tail) that was on the 26th Sept ride out had a very nasty accident on his bike down at Mabie Forest 4X section, he came a right cropper on the very first set of jumps. I spent 3 hours with him at Dumfries A+E Dept, he has broken his right clavicle, a bone in his left wrist, chipped or cracked 4 teeth, and has multiple cuts and abrasions on his right hand side torso and arm, also he had a pretty hard bang to his head as his helmet was damaged in several places.
    We met up with Craig1975 down there, had a blast until the end…Davy is still keeping his spirits up and is pissed off at not being able to get out on his bike for a few months…
    Just thought I would let you know..

Davy

Kit
    Free Member

Ouch! Make sure you get some photos on the injuries thread 😉

But seriously, hope he gets well soon!

craig1975
    Free Member

That was a sore one for young Dave, I wish him a speedy recovery.

12 weeks of the bike- 😐

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well if anyone is seeing him soon please send on my regaards and a speedy recovery!

davy-g
    Free Member

have just spoken to Young Dave, he had an appointment today with the Doctor, he has now got his arm out of the sling and has been told to take off the wrist brace for a few hours a day to get the tendons/ligaments and muscles mobile. he is still sore from the crash, but is hoping to get out on his road bike in about 8 weeks

Trekster

If you have a decent sports therapist over your way I can recommend young Dave getting his bruised bits massaged. When I broke my collar bone and badly bruised my shoulder/neck area that is what I did. Played sqaush after 6wks and back on bike after 8 :D. But it did ache a bit 😥
    Can recommend Gael Moffat @ DGone, she keeps me tuned up 🙄

tandemwarriors

Hope you mend soon young Dave.
    Best wishes from Rob & Kevin the Hippo

forge197
    Free Member

Send my regards to Young Dave and hope for a speedy recovery.

bigdavevw
    Free Member

hey guys!! cheers for all the replies. yea im not too bad, hand is sore. but worst thing is i cant get out on the bike for nearly 3 months 😆 Yea will look into getting some good physio on my hand as all the tendons and things are a mess.
    where is the injury thread and i,ll post some pics.

dave 8)

davy-g
    Free Member

don't forget the cuts and scrapes as well….LOL, look on the bright side, you will be out on the trails come January….Brrrrrrrilliant… 😈 hang in there bud it will pass quicker than you realize…

forge197
    Free Member

bigdavevw – good to hear from you what did you do at Mabie then to do that damage? Once Xmas is out the way it will soon be ride time, hope to see you in Kirroughtree soon

Trekster

get yerself a turbo trainer and keep the legs turnin.

Awe the best Dave

bigdavevw
    Free Member

yea i,ll be on it at the weekend. 8) cheers John

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Kirroughtree and Dalbeattie Forum Ride – Report and Pics’ is closed to new replies.