Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Kinlochleven
  • paulrockliffe
    Free Member

If you had between 1 and 3 hours to ride form Kinlochleven where would you go?

I’m up there next weekend, riding at Fort William and Glen Coe DH tracks during the day, but would like to go out for some short rides in the evening if possible. What is there? Obviously nothing mega please!

Cheers

j_me
    Free Member

Take the road/landy track up to the Blackwater damn and down the Cairan Path.

StirlingCrispin

Cairan path +1

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

How long will that take? It’s down on our itinery for the Sunday, so I was hoping it would take longer than a few hours!

Sanny
    Free Member

Hi Paul

Up the Westie towards Loch Eilidhe Mor (but not all the way up) then down either of the two descents you see going off down to the right back towards Kinlochleven. Both are ace. 1st on is more technical but both are mint. Both are marked on the map. You should manage both in about 3 hours. You can make the second run up quicker by riding the road to Mamore Lodge.

Post some pics.

Cheers

Sanny

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

The West Highland Way doesn’t go up to Loch Eilidhe Mor on my map?

freeridenick
    Free Member

Looks like a sweet switchback run down from Sgor Eilde Beag.

Never been mind you!
    just a google earth opinion 😛

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Ah, yes it does, it just isn’t labelled properly. Think I know where you mean now.

rickmeister

Wot Sanny said. Its awesome, slot racing on a bike…

supertacky
    Free Member

Climb road past Mamore lodge on North side of Loch up to Loch Eilde Mor dam. Return down same path for about 150yrds and take the first path on the left which heads steaply back into KinLochleven. If your a Dh’r you’l love it. Loose and very steep in places riding out into some very sweet single track in the forest below.
    We did it last year after being inspired by Aaron Gwinn and Joe Barnes’s video.
    I’d do it again.
    [/url]

supertacky
    Free Member

Meant to say took us about 2hrs to do.

Waderider
    Free Member

Just go up past Mamore Lodge.

wallace1492
    Free Member

paulrockliffe – Member

Correct. But climb up the Westie from Kinlochleven, then turn right when it it hits the main track. This back past Mamore Lodge is not the WHW, but a nice track. Follow this to Loch Eilidhe Mor, then do as Sanny says.

summittoppler
    Free Member

Follow the link for map and pics

link

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Kinlochleven’ is closed to new replies.