Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kinloch Hourn to Inverie, anyone actually done it?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Either on foot or bike. Is it bikeable in any sense or is it a long push?
    I’ve got 10 weeks leave next year (yes, ten weeks!) & fancy going somewhere remote-ish for a ‘few’ days.

druidh
    Free Member

Barrisdale to Inverie is bikeable.

Kinlochourn to Barrisadle would (for me) be mostly a walk with a bike.

I still want to give it a go though – probably in the opposite direction.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Think I’d rather make The Old Forge my destination Druidh!

Fancy doing Kinloch Hourn to Inverie, Inverie to Tarbet on the boat, then Tarbet to Morar.

bryan-g-

Had hoped to do it this year but didn’t get round to it.

fraseruk
    Free Member

I walked it a few years back and agree with Druidh; while some of the first half would be ridable I think there would be a lot of pushing. The path skirts along the coast and goes up and down quite steeply. If I remember right it’s basically Land Rover track from Barrisdale onwards.

7hz
    Free Member

I have a stupid idea brewing to do a large chunk of the West Coast next year, this route would be part of it. Don’t suppose pushing from Kinlochourn to Barrisadle would be the end of the world.

I did Swordland to Morar this year, as part of a bigger loop (keep meaning to post pics and a story, maybe soon). I found the track not bad, but loaded up with camping stuff, food, and packraft, and 36 tough hours in, I only cycled maybe half of it, as it is quite rough, steep, and rocky in places. Fresh legs on an afternoons jaunt would be able to do much much more of it. Fantastic place.

scratch
    Free Member

Yeah me and a mate did it with bikes a few years ago, as Druidh – Barrisdale to Inverie’s not too bad, the track around Kinlochourn is very tight, there’s a few sharp up and downs but I think most of the pushing came from the rut of a track being to tight to take the pedals.

Least it’s a lovely view while your pushing…

bigthunder
    Free Member

Theres a cracking route in andy mccandlishes book about this area. Its called wild in morar. Think the idea is ya get a boat from mallaig and head off to tarbet and come back to morar but Ive lost the copy of the route so Im not sure. Ive done plenty boating up that way and its stunning. Fancy a big one like that myself next spring/summer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kinloch Hourn to Inverie, anyone actually done it?’ is closed to new replies.