Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Kings Cross area – special meal ideas?
  • DrJ

Not takeaway but a special family lunch in the King’s Cross area – well, near Camden Town Hall in fact. Any ideas? I looked on Trip Advisor but nothing jumped out. Maybe we will end up with takeaway.

flashpaul
    Free Member

Mable’s tavern for a pint of spitfire ?

Not a family pub really but you might enjoy it

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

shedloads at granary square now, Exmouth market isn’t too far away , moro etc al. Some lovely boozers around kings cross too

ourmaninthenorth

+1 Granary Square.

I love Spiritland. Have heard great things about German Gymnasium.

Moro in Exmouth Market is another favourite (though haven’t been there for some time).

scuttler

Plum and Spilt Milk in the Great Northern Hotel? I keep meaning to try German Gymnasium.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Last decent meal was at Best Mangal Turkish, mixed grill 15 quids

benp1

If you like Indian check out dishoom

Kryton57

Just across from the station between KX and St Pancras – opposite the google building – Kim Chee – Korean. Moderately posh with as good reuptation salthough I’ve not been personally yet.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If it’s the same Kimchee as the one in Holborn, jolly good food. Not really ‘special’ though.

Kryton57

Maybe not to you and me loafer wearing XO dirnker’s, but a notch above the OP’s takeaway and the pubs being suggested I’d propose. The one in KX is very nicely decked out, and and after dinner walk around that newly developed area with the fountains and lights would be quite pleasant.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’d second the German Gymnasium. Had a very, very tasty burger in there a few weeks ago. £20 for burger with chips (massive chunks of potato), but top quality.

DrJ

Thanks for the suggestions – I’ve walked past German Gym a few times and been curious. Had been thinking about Plum and Spilt Milk as it looks more “formal” and “non-exotic” than some of the other places mentioned, which may suit family members.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Dishoom.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Kings Cross area – special meal ideas?’ is closed to new replies.