Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • King Creosote/Fence Collective
  • MrGreedy

Anyone into them? I’ve been really enjoying KC’s Bombshell after taking a random punt on it, any suggestions where to explore next?

RustySpanner

Lone Pigeon (Gordon Anderson)& Pip Dylan. Both good and coincidentally
    both KC’s brothers.

Try The Beta Band and The Aliens too, both amazing and way ahead of their time.

petrieboy

love “no clue” but not heard much else, i shall remedy this immediately.

akira

Not a massive fan but used to wander in and chat with Kenny in his record shop, then didn’t see him for years until he appeared on a massive screen in Topshop.
    Nice guy.

Alcopop
    Free Member

As a Homegame regular (Fence records annual Anstruther festival)
    I would suggest the the best place to start would be on fence records site
    try Pictish trail,HMS ginafore and as mentioned above lone pigeon and Pip Dylan
    all fantastic Kenny has put out a load of albums on fence all of them worth a punt
    Saw him a few weeks back as part of the Burns unit with Emma Pollock (Delgados)
    just amazing
    This years Homegame in May sold out in 3 hours!!
    so your not alone in your enjoyment of the sound of the East nuek of Fife

MrGreedy

Thanks for the pointers, already got lots of Beta Band/Aliens so will check out the others. As I used to live in Fife I’m doubly annoyed that I didn’t realise what great stuff was around and snobbishly assumed that all those gigs I saw advertised were bound to be rubbish 🙁

Kunstler

Last saw King Creosote playing at Hogmanay in Edinburgh. Despite the music not being the most lively of party entertainment (might have been the company I was in that didn’t appreciate it as much) Kenny was entering into the spirit of things and was fairly hammered by the end of the set.

Alcopop
    Free Member

Yeah Mr G i know what you mean
    stumbled across the Fence collective in 04 purely by chance was kinda put off with the
    folk tag but it is so much more first homegame was a revelation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘King Creosote/Fence Collective’ is closed to new replies.