Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kinesis Maxlight stolen in York
  • johnnymac800
    Free Member

My son’s red Kinesis Maxlight was taken last night from his mother’s locked garage in York. It’s got Marzocchi forks and Hope hubs and brakes. Totally unique bike, 3 or 4 years old now, but like new condition.
    If anyone see anything similar advertised anywhere, we’d most grateful to be alerted.

John

zaskarrider
    Free Member

Hi John

In order to spread the word and help I have put your son’s cycle details on our Twitter page @StolenYork and on the Facebook page /www.facebook.com/StolenRideYork

Please follow (Twitter) or (like) on Facebook if you use them
    You can upload a pic to each site if you have one.

Good luck

Recycler
    Free Member

Sorry to hear than – where in York? I am local so will keep an eye out

johnnymac800
    Free Member

Thanks guys, it was stolen from a garage just off Tadacatser Road, opposite Tesco. God knows how the scratters knew it was even there. When you look at the amount of top spec bikes that get nicked, it makes you wonder where on earth they all end up. Lets face it, it someone nicks an expensive bike, what are the going to do with it? The Kinesis is a total one-off, and it’s not some 14 year-old baseball capped halfwit, they are people who know what they are looking for. So what happens to them? Anyone serious about mtb-ing is going to be suspicious of any real secondhand bargains, or at least you’d hope. It’s an unpalletable truth, but it’s the same with motorbike theft. It’s the dodgy unscrupulous motorbikers/mtb-ers that benefit, and they must be out there to feed the demand. The scratters wouldn’t do it if there was nothing in it for them.
    I’ll get my some to post a picture of the bike of the facebook site, so thanks everyone for keeping a look out.

John

zaskarrider
    Free Member

Hi John

Some of the high end machines are stripped for parts other are transported to other towns/cities in the UK so they can be sold on for a decent price and not raise suspicion.
    That is why I would like to see a network of Twitter feeds like (@StolenYork) building up for all major towns/cities across the UK.
    Following each other would spread the word of a stolen cycle very quickly with many 1000’s of people being aware.

There are many sites where you can list a stolen cycle, so at the moment it’s potluck that the right person being offered a cycle for sale looks on the right site !

Not everyone uses STW or CTC or Immobilise !!

So that said if anyone out there would like to set up a Twitter feed for there town/city…. Follow us at @StolenYork. Please spread the word

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Maxlight stolen in York’ is closed to new replies.