Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • kinesis CXdisc wheelset qr to thru axle
  • antigee

this is driving me mad have a pair of kinesis cx disc wheels V4 – just swapping to thru axle, the wheels came with conversion kit originally – not done this before – quick look on youtube and video of a guy pulling out the hub seals/qr bit with pliers – well the front i did by hand and fitted the thru axle no problem 3 minutes

for the rear I’ve removed the disk and the cassette (had been using on a qr frame) no joy with pliers and been out and bought some mole grips but cant’t shift them using what i think is way too much force – any ideas?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Are they threaded on like some are? 5mm allen keys in the end possibly.
    If they are just push on & that tight, try an axle vice.

alwillis

The rear is threaded- I did a pair the other day. 5mm Allen key in both ends of the axle and the end caps come off easily.

antigee

cheers – 2 second job with hex keys in each end 😳

doncorleoni
    Free Member

You were probably hoping that this disappears onto the next page…. But this reminds me a little of the conversation I have just had with my neighbour….

He was changing pads on his Audi… Been out there all morning since 6 am. Tools everywhere. He had driven to Farnborough to pick up some big clamps thinking the pistons push in. Poor chap.

Popped out to see him and you should have seen his face when I got a pair of needle nosed pliers and wound the piston back in for him.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘kinesis CXdisc wheelset qr to thru axle’ is closed to new replies.