Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Kinesis Crosslight v3 – creaky!! Anyone else had it?!
  • andysmiff1
    Free Member

As thread title.

Pair of Kinesis v3 cross lights on the Diverge – been on there approx 18mths and done about 2500 miles according to Garmin data.

Recently had a creaking noise on bike – thought BB, so new one fitted. Nope, not that!
    Greased pedal threads, everything that I thought it could be – including the rear dropout (had that on my 5 that creaked!!)
    Tightened and double ochecked everything else – bars, stem etc.

Took wheel apart to check bearings – they spin nice and smooth. Pawls look ok but a bit of surface corrosion on them, but didn’t think much of that as an issue.

Out on a 100k this am and started getting progressively noiser – only happens when peddling, so think it could be free hub related??

Anyone else had any issues with theirs?

A

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

My main problem is my massive Griepel like power house 66kgs being too much for their glass sorry alloy nipples. Had about 5 go on the front when I’ve been out the saddle busting out moar power.

Have you inspected your nipples?

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Nah – I haven’t checked out my nips yet! Although – could be worth it. Was dubious about the longevity of them given the reviews before I bought the wheels!

A

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Crosslight v3 – creaky!! Anyone else had it?!’ is closed to new replies.