Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Kinesis builds
  • malchales
    Free Member

I`m building up my Kinesis Xc2 frame this sunday with the running gear from my X1. Any pictures built frames ?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Here you go (XC Pro2):

Click for big.

malchales
    Free Member

sweet, this is my 1st diy build is ther anything i should look out for? My lbs fitted thr BB & head bearings & what grease should i use? is aircraft multi purpose ok?

therevokid
    Free Member

Mine's an (sorry was) xc<120 and the only "gotcha" was the lower bottle
    boss on the seat tube fouled the front mech band ! Filed it flush (very
    carefully) with a dremel and all was good :-]

joe1983
    Free Member

Or you could have saved yourself the trouble and used a top swing front mech?!

therevokid
    Free Member

I did for a while but the slx one was "fussy" when covered
    in mud … weird as the conventional version was always sweet !

malchales
    Free Member

must admit the builds are looking great,hopefully mine will be pretty light too with xt/xtr/sids/717s/easton carbon stuff?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I was thinking of doing this but can't decide on the XC2 or the XC100. I use rigid carbon forks and want a light, fast and nimble cross-country bike that will be fun and comfy as well. I have a full bouncer for the big rocky duties.

What do folks reckon?

vdubber67
    Free Member

Absolutely love my XCPro2. Now built with XT/XTR, Sids, Ritchey WCS stuff. Really light, really fast. The carbon seatstays are surprisingly effective as well for a bit of comfort….

No proper build pics, but here's me enjoying it!

huw
    Free Member

Here's my XC120

stumpyjon

Here's mine

full XT courtesy of the mag last year

tinsy
    Free Member

Not so maxlight there huw!

huw
    Free Member

No, I could hardly lift it 🙁

fisherboy
    Free Member

Malc, your mechanic here. Just thought, does the anthem and kinesis have the same way pull on the front mech. if not may be ok if its dual pull, or i may have an old one kicking about to get you up and running.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Here is my XC2 build up as a commuter, when i got tired of using my Spez XC full susser to ride to work on.

Nog loged into flickr here so you will have to click the link
    XC2

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

that mech/bottle boss problem seems to be a feature of upgade bikes, my DMR has exactly the saem issue, also solved by attacking the frame with a file.

malchales
    Free Member

fisherboy,
    i aint checked the front mech yet! i

ll do what ever it takes to make it work!! i`ll also try to make it aero standard as ist my job….

stumpyjon

I just used a top swing mech to get around the bottle boss issue. Haven't had any problems. Moding the frame seems a bit extreme.

malchales
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice, as this is my 1st experience of frame building i need all the help i can get it looks like a bit of a black art!!!! I`ll put the pictures on here next week (on Completion)…..

Reluctant
    Free Member

It's poor design that puts a bottle cage boss in the way of a conventional front mech mount. Little details, but important – not everyone likes top-swing mechs. Why bother with two sets of bosses now anyhow? We have Camelbaks! My Sunn Revolt from 2002 only had one set (downtube) which was one of the design details that I really liked.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis builds’ is closed to new replies.