Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kindle in Australia
  • nickf
    Free Member

So we’re off to see my wife’s aunt in Australia over Christmas, and were thinking if giving her a Kindle. She spotted one when she was over here last and thought she’d like one.

Thing is, there isn’t an Amazon Australia, so if I get her one, should I get a UK one (so she’ll have to buy in Sterling) or a US one (which I presume is linked to Amazon US, and will be US$ based). Or is there any difference?

If anyone could enlighten me, it’d be great.

perthmtb
    Free Member

You need to go to the Amazon US store and select “for international shipment” and enter your country as Australia. It’ll then sort out everything you need to use it in Oz.

nickf
    Free Member

perth, cheers for the information. I’m now trying to find the “for international shipment” bit…..

perthmtb
    Free Member

Can’t help with that I’m afraid – Amazon are so good at customising the page you see based on previous user preferences that I’ll see a completely different page to you! However, suggest you go to the Amazon US store (www.Amazon.com)find the model you want, and click on buy, and at some stage in the process you’ll see a message saying something along the lines of “click here if your Kindle is for use outside the US”.

PS: I think the new colour Kindle Fire is only available in the US at the moment, so it won’t give you the international option

khani
    Free Member

You have to hold it upside down as well…..

Clong
    Free Member

It might have been me, but when i was in Perth the 3G connection on a uk kindle didnt work. I had signal, but no response.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kindle in Australia’ is closed to new replies.