Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • kindle help please
  • sadexpunk

not sure what generation it is but wifes got a swipescreen paperwhite jobbie with a backlight.
    uses it every day, reads loads, maybe has 200-odd books on her kindle account.
    never had any problem but last week in kefalonia she went to read a book and theyd all gone. waited til we could get wifi and ‘pressed a few buttons’ haphazardly and we think it synced and she got them back for a while. then they disappeared again.

now we’re back home we thought we’d investigate to stop this happening next time we’re away. just asked her and she says theres around 30 books showing from the 200 in her account.

my first thoughts were theyre only available when shes on wifi and theyre not actually downloaded, but shes sure theyve been available before with no wifi.

anyone got any idea what the problem might be or how to solve it? we’re not too clued up on ‘syncing’, would prefer actual books on devices.

thanks

survivor

They usually are downloaded to the device when you purchase them. I have to manually remove from device, say it I want to free up some space.

Possible it did a full reset somehow which would wipe it clean. Books will be available on the cloud and have to be re-downloaded.

In the library on the device there is an option to show “on device/downloaded” or cloud. See whats happening there.

sadexpunk

In the library on the device there is an option to show “on device/downloaded” or cloud. See whats happening there.

ah ok, im not with her tonight but ill tell her to check that tomorrow. thanks.

scotroutes

No need. I’ll tell her now…

sadexpunk

thank you 😀

survivor

? 🙂

Correction. First post was from memory. Just checked my Kindle.

It has All/Downloaded at the top left

If it’s on All you should see everything you’ve purchased and downloaded books will have a tick in a circle next to it.

If it’s on Downloaded then obviously you should only see the books that are on the device.

butcher

When I upgraded to paperwhite, it didn’t download all my books automatically. It shows me books available, but only downloads when an individual book is selected and I’m connected to wi-fi.

I found this out while I was away. With no access to the wi-fi. Very frustrating when you sit down really looking forward to opening your book that is sitting there staring at you in the list.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘kindle help please’ is closed to new replies.