Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Kindle Help
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

Hi, I’ve just ordered my Wife a Kindle as a present, I want to give it to her with a few book on, but understand it has to be registered in order to receive books. I don’t want to register it using her email address as it will spoil the surprise when she sees the confirmation email! If I register it to my email address / Amazon account how difficult is it to swap it to her email / Amazon account once I’ve given it to her and will any books I buy transfer to her account? Thanks.

molgrips
    Free Member

There’s a way of pre-loading it with books, I’m sure. There’s a comprehensive Kindle FAQ on the site, did you look there?

JEngledow
    Free Member

There’s a comprehensive Kindle FAQ on the site, did you look there?

I did look, but couldn’t see the answer so got frustrated and resorted to STW!

perthmtb
    Free Member

It’s also very easy to switch accounts later. I did same thing, ordered as a present for my wife, put it all on my account, tested it out and loaded a few books I knew she’d like, then tranferred to her account after I’d given it to her.

Edit: Only slight issue is that once you’ve switched accounts, you can’t re-download the original books if she erases them or something, but thats not a biggie.

29erKeith
    Free Member

It’ll come already set up against the Amazon account it was order from.
    I opened it up and bought one on my account before repacking it and wrapping it up.

that reminds me I must change it to be registered against a new account of her own this week, it was only her birthday end of last week.

iainc

I got one last week for my wife’s Christmas. As I bought it on my Amazon account it came preloaded with my details. I then changed it over to her account. AFAIK I could have purchased books on my account before I changed it over (in fact that would have been a nice thing to do 😳 )

5lab

i got one from currys (for my OH), so at the moment its not registered at all. I don’t know if I can manually load books onto it for reading then she can register it at her leisure??

supertramp
    Free Member

you can transfer books direct from your PC via USB! No registration required. If you look at the Kindle user information on Amazon it is all in there – somewhere!

5lab

i know you can do that (and often do) – but I don’t know if the kindle will let me do that when its not been registered ever..

JEngledow
    Free Member

Thanks all. As I understand it, I can register the Kindle to my account and upload books, then un-register the Kindle and the books will still be on it. The only down side is that if the books are deleted then My wife won’t have them on her account, although the books will still be on my account so if this happens it won’t be the end of the world (besides I can’t see why she’d need to delete any books as I can’t see her wanting to store 14,000 books -or however many it REALLY holds!).

supertramp
    Free Member

5lab, i don’t see why it wouldn’t, the PC just sees it as a ‘mass storage device.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Kindle Help’ is closed to new replies.