Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • kindle
  • spchantler
    Free Member

shocked at the amount of naughty books available. so that’s what everyone’s reading then….

CountZero

UnLundun, by China Mielville.

avdave2

Half way through “The Worst Journey In The World” when mine decided that actually I’m not up to be carried around and the screen cracked.

z1ppy

Are they really that fragile?
    Curry’s tried to sell us insurance but I assumed it was the normal ‘con’…

Partner just asked me to locate “the Hours” by M Cunnningham, I don’t believe it’s a “naughty” book… and I’ve thrown Book 1 of the Man-Kzin wars to try it out (the kindle that is), if she ever hands it over.

eyerideit
    Free Member

You could alway download a kindle app on your phone, then you can ready the naughty book of your choice whenever you like.

z1ppy

The majority of phones are a tad too small to read (lots) comfortably, & I’m happy to use mine for audiobooks instead.

The point of the kindle for us (her) was the screen for outdoor use (no glare).

freddyg
    Free Member

CountZero – Member
    UnLundun, by China Mielville.

oooooooh! Are his books a bit naughty then?? <scurries off to Amazon>

freddyg
    Free Member

<shuffles back> Nope.

phiiiiil

The screen on the GF’s one cracked when in a proper case in a bag full of clothes… it seems they are fairly fragile. She got a shiny new one from Amazon free of charge though, no questions asked.

mogrim

The majority of phones are a tad too small to read (lots) comfortably, & I’m happy to use mine for audiobooks instead.

They’re not that bad, the text resizes nicely. Not as good as a full-screen Kindle, of course, but certainly good enough for a quick read while you’re waiting for a friend to turn up or whatever. (And it then neatly synchs your place in the book with the other device, which is pretty clever!)

z1ppy

yes there not bad at all but not great either, we’ve both used our phone like this, but the g/f is a prolific reader & is sick traipsing round with a pile of books, so hense the kindle
    (& I can locate books .. lets say.. on the “cheap”)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘kindle’ is closed to new replies.