Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Kimi staying at Ferarri
  • renton
    Free Member

Just been on the news that he is staying on for next year !!

Pigface
    Free Member

Former World Champ, great driver, who else was out there better?

mashiehood
    Free Member

The right decision. It ain’t broke so don’t fix it.

shermer75
    Free Member

Would have been nice to have seen Hulkenberg have a chance at the big stuff

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I would have got Bottas or Hulk, Kimi is not on it.

plumber
    Free Member

Massively popular with the public, makes a lot of sense to me

emyr

Needs to see if Unilever will sponsor Kimi for their Magnum brand.

It’s a match made in heavenMalaysia.

nemesis
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    Former World Champ, great driver, who else was out there better?

Bottas possibly – certainly no slower I reckon – but too expensive to release from Williams. I expect 2016 will be Kimi’s last year so hopefully he can get to grips with the car and a bit more consistent to close off in style.

shermer75
    Free Member

Somebody made the point over on JA on F1 that Ferrari probably wouldn’t be too keen on giving the chunk of money necessary to release Bottas to the there nearest rivals. I could see the sense in that! 🙂

oomidamon

I suspect this has a lot to do with Vettel not wanting too much internal competition. A German in a Ferrari demanding a less competitive team mate – there’s a first…

satchm00
    Free Member

Kimi has been unfortunate the car hasn’t always been there and he has made the odd mistake. I think its the right move to keep him on another year and then see as there isn’t really any drivers available currently that won’t cost them millions of pounds so the driver can break contract.

nemesis
    Free Member

He’s made more than the odd mistake by my reckoning. He’s still a good driver but he’s clearly not the Kimi of old and his qualifying continues to be a real weakness. I agree though, it’s probably the right choice for Ferrari for next year in the circumstances.

I’d love to know what manoeuvrings are going on in the background around Verstappen. I would expect Ferrari and the other teams to be working to get him tied to something for the longer term once he’s an experienced vet of say, 20 years old 🙂

the-muffin-man

I’d stick my money on Hamilton in a Ferrari for 2017. He could be 4 times WDC by then, and the big rule changes for 2017 could be a good time to join. And a nice way to end his career.

Ferrari don’t have a history of taking young drivers. And Bottas and Hulk and just a bit meh really, good but not great. Bottas should be walking all over Massa.

nemesis
    Free Member

If he gets 4 WDCs then yeah, I could possibly see the move. The big problem though is when was the last time Ferrari did well out of a big rule change? I know they’ve reorganised but it has been a long time. They lost out to double diffusers then EBDs, then the new V6s…

the-muffin-man

I don’t think he’d be too bothered – he could just add his name to the Ferrari history books.

nemesis
    Free Member

5 would be 1 more than Seb 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Kimi staying at Ferarri’ is closed to new replies.