Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Killing wasps…..
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

dzzzzzzzb, dzzzzzzzzb, dzzzzzb.

Get away from my squash you evil little fecker….

dzzzzzb, dzzzzzb, dzzzzzzzzzzzzb.

Assume the position….. hold, hold, clap hands together fast and hard.

TSY 1 – Wasps 0

epicyclo

But why? 🙂

They're beautiful.

I let them crawl on me, never been stung.

emma82
    Free Member

Wasps aren't that aggressive it won't hurt you, if it goes in your squash just spoon it out!! I'm sure you probably annoy the **** out of people sometimes, they don't kill you though. We all have a purpose in the world….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Pathetic.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

wasps are scum of the earth akin to insect chavs

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

TSY 3 – Wasps 0

Easy, easy, easy. I'm the Jermaine Defoe of this wasp killing business.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Stalin more like

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Stalin more like

….. if only I could lightly stun one, get a little leash of light thread around the neck…. hey presto, wasp on a string!

marsdenman
    Free Member

<Awaits the 'what grips for a badly stung hand' thread from TSY> 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

How big are these wasps?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Didn't Jeffrey Dahmer et all start out like this?

emma82
    Free Member

my fella got one in his pint the other day, he left it in there for a while then got a leaf and spooned it out, we watched it clean itself off then fly away in a bit of a wonky pattern, was quite fascinating – so stop squishing and start watching. Anyways – dont wasps release some kind of smell when they die which then attracts other wasps? So technically you are making it worse by killing three!!! 😛

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So I'm in good company…. fancy coming round for dinner cynic-al?

13thfloormonk

I prefer to create elaborate mazes out of the workings of an old clock, which I then use to decide the wasp's fate. When not doing this I go around killing off my relations and setting fire to rabbits.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

13thfloormonk – you should write a book about that… I'd buy it for a start.

Wasp No1 (aka Twitchy) is now being eaten by a very small spider… fascinating.

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

Trap your stripy victim in a cup, or tub. Place tub in freezer for 3 or 4 mins. Remove wasp from freezer. Very, very quickly tie a piece of cotton from your mum's sewing kit onto a leg of the wasp. Leave wasp alone whilst holding cotton. Wasp will revive, and fly around, angrily, on a lead!

For hornets, tie the loose end of the cotton to a stick. Ensure the stick is LONGER than the cotton, to prevent sting-based counter-strikes.

Keef
    Free Member

my son has a very bad reaction if he gets stung by a wasp,it's happened twice,the last time he was stung about 1/2" from his eye,in an unprovoked attack. His head swelled like a pumpkin,and he couldn't see out of the eye for three days,and yes he was taken straight to A+E.
    so wasps are aggressive,in my book,and I kill every one of the little f00kers that I can,because I hate them.

grahamh
    Free Member

Nuke em from orbit, its the only way to be sure..
    Ooh hang on, can't they survive a nuclear blast?

Spongebob
    Free Member

I heard that late in the summer, wasps stop feeding their larvae and then begin to feed for themselves. They are attracted to anything sweet (esp. jam), which they don't consume so readily earlier in the season. I guess it's like feeding babies junk food. 😆

If you get pestered, wave you arm about them GENTLY, but presistently and they will get the message and move off. Stay calm and follow this strategy and you are most unlikely to get stung.

If you want to squish a few, flick a few drops of beer on the end of the table, wait for a candidate to land, then drop you glass on them. 😈

epicyclo

Good advice, but just remember they hoover up all sorts of other bugs when feeding their larvae, so they're really useful.

lipseal
    Free Member

Got one with this today

Plus a few files!

toby1

My rule is leave me alone and I'll leave you be too, but wasps seem to have a thing for trying to fly into my mouth and/or ears, if a mate sat there and constantly tried to stick a finger in my mouth or ears then I'd probably **** them too.

As for them getting into drinks, same deal if a mate sat there with his hand in your beer you'd tell them to stop, the first gentle wave, after that you;d get bored and stop them, same deal for wasps. They are natures own traffic warden/estate agents/recruitment consultants – they may have a purpose, but it doesn't mean you have to like them!

brakes
    Free Member

I got stung by a wasp last week – was just sat in a taxi and felt a scratch on my neck – the f***er had snuck up on me, no buzzing or anything, and stung me on the throat – good job I wasn't allergic…
    unfortunately for the wasp, he had a rather bad reaction to the sole of my foot

Hairychested
    Free Member

They're rather stupid round here, there's a wasp graveyard beneath my balcony.

Edukator
    Free Member
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Killing wasps…..’ is closed to new replies.