Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Kielder question
  • Bernaard
    Free Member

If I did the Kielder 100 with rigid carbon forks, will I die??

Really want to do it on the 29er, and I really enjoy the way it rides with the rigid forks, plus don’t really want to by a set of suss forks for it.

Or shall I just do it on the 26er and not die……….

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve done it twice, both on rigids. I’m still alive.

trickydisco
    Free Member

You’ll be fine. Loads riding rigid, singlespeed

In fact Dan who came 15th i believe was riding a rigid SS swift

Clink

I did it on rigid ss 29er – was fine. (although my mate riding a rigid Soul ended up in hospital – but that’s another story! 😯 )

JohnClimber
    Free Member

The midges there don’t care what you ride

Jeffus
    Free Member

I was passed by a very quick fully rigid bike, and I was rattling down on my Nomad, spoke to him at the bottom, and he couldn’t feel his arms anymore but still was way faster than me , and he was alive :mrgreen:

miketually
    Free Member

The singletrack in Kielder is particularly rocky and hard work on a rigid. I had to stop halfway down a couple of the trails to let my hands stop cramping and they were swollen for a few days afterward.

mick
    Free Member

Go on you know you want to!

Kahurangi

It is very silly, but then isn’t all mountain biking?

Clink

I had to stop halfway down a couple of the trails to let my hands stop cramping and they were swollen for a few days afterward

I was tired at the end but didn’t get that! 😯

martinh
    Free Member

First year I did it with front suspension, second with rigid. Both were fine but suspension was less physically demanding. If rigid is what you ride all the time you’ll be OK

The midges were much worse at the second attempt but that was only when we’d finished so I dont think it was fork related.

D0NK

Jeffus – Member

I was passed by a very quick fully rigid bike, and I was rattling down on my NomadHow heavy was your bike? and did you finish?

twinklydave

You’ll be reet.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Cheers, probs gonna do it rigid. Had no issues at SSEC or HONC so should be fine.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Kielder question’ is closed to new replies.