• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jad.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Kids Wendy houses
  • Rivett
    Free Member

We are looking for a Wendy house for our daughter. Has anyone bought one lately? Good retailers? What kind of wood treatment can be used?

jad
    Free Member

What sort of size? I wanted to get my daughter a good sized house but they cost a fortune so I built one using plans from <http://www.buildeazy.com/wendyhouse.html&gt;.

I spent a bit of time converting from OTT USA wood sizes and some planning but apart from that it was fairly easy, fun and satisfying.

Rivett
    Free Member

That looks about the size. Have not got a bench or jigsaw so was going to buy kit form. How do you get the ‘painted’ kind of finish? Obviously paint would do it but I don’t want it coming off on the little darlings.

jad
    Free Member

I used a clear varnish type stuff for the majority of it as I wanted to keep the pine look. The green bits are just water based garden wood preserver.

I used a mitre saw for the structure which saved a load of time and I also screwed the structure together using decking screws. The website suggests nailing but I want to be able to dismantle it at some point when we move house.

It looks like this before cladding:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Kids Wendy houses’ is closed to new replies.