Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Kids want to go to Legoland – which one ?
  • iainc

Boys are aged 10 and 6, and we stay in Glasgow. Never been before but thinking of a 4 day type break – so is the one on Copenhagen worth the extra in flights over driving to Windsor ? what’s good and bad etc ?

many thanks

Cougar

Probably best to take both of them.

Very jealous, I’m 40 and would still love to go to Legoland. I consider it a personal failure that I’ve never been.

spacemonkey

Is Copenhagen not one of the most expensive cities on planet Earth? I remember a mate’s beer weekend costing them an absolute fortune.

ebygomm
    Free Member

In Denmark Legoland is in Billund not Copenhagen. You can get Ryanair flights very cheaply to Billund from Stansted but probably not much good for you. I think one of the airlines flies Newcastle to Billund though. Legoland is literally right by the airport

yetidave
    Free Member

just don’t bother going to the one in Manchester, unless you happen to be in the trafford centre for something else… 🙁

theteaboy
    Free Member

We went to Legoland Windsor in September. We’re going again next week. It’s bloody brilliant. Though it’s expensive I’d highly recommend the Legoland hotel too. We were explorers first time and will be pirates next week.

We’re also going to the National Space Museum on the drive home to Yorkshire.

Can’t comment on Billund but don’t feel the need to go there for our Lego fix.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I think that this should tell you all you need to know.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I think that this should tell you all you need to know.

Legoland is not in Copenhagen

Not even close

ianv
    Free Member

Legoland in windsor is a tired, uninspiring clip joint. Even my son, who is really into his Lego, reckoned it was a bit crap.

rossi46
    Free Member

irelanst
    Free Member

The German one is better than either the Danish or Windsor one IMO. My daughter didn’t like the Windsor one at all, but thats mainly because she got stung on the tongue by a wasp (it landed on her hotdog) just as we were leaving.

I think the Copenhagen ladies may be a bit more covered up at the moment!

iainc

thanks for all the info so far 🙂

lodious
    Free Member

Been to Billund and Windsor (Billund before kids, I was working out there), Windsor last year. The lego hotel was very expensive in Billund, and very little in the town after 9:00pm (or at anytime really). Legoland was nice though.

Windsor was just horrible, it’s not a fun park…it’s a queue with wasps. The queue to hire the gadget to jump the queue would have taken a half day to get. You spend a hour queing for a ride which is lacklusture and over in 3 minutes….then join the next queue. An overpriced hellhole…the only saving grace was that it was so horrible the kids didn’t want to go back.

theteaboy
    Free Member

Crikey. Am I in a minority of 1?

Suits me – hopefully it’ll be nice and quiet again next time!

We went out of school holidays (kids are a bit younger than most on here). The nearly-4-year old still talks about it and plays on the website most days. He loved it and that’s why it’s great.

What’s their target age?

iainc

must say , this thread is kinda making me think about talking them into EuroDisney !

mogrim

Went to Windsor a few years back, it was alright. Nothing special, and certainly not worth a trip down from Scotland. The kids haven’t exactly been clamouring to go back, they enjoyed it but that’s about it. No idea about the Danish version.

That said, If I were flying from Glasgow to some kind of theme park at this time of year I’d be looking at southern Spain / Canaries TBH, quite possibly cheaper and definitely warmer. Isla Mágica (for example) in Seville is open weekends from Easter on, 2 day in the park and a couple of days enjoying Seville…

Edit: Southern Spain cos that’s what I know, other Italian / south France / Greek options may be available!

iainc

mogrim – interesting idea, will look into that, cheers

stevio

The one in Germany @ Guntzberg was nice – took a train down from my brother’s base in Munster. Plus the town it’s near is exceptionally wonderful – beautiful square and lovely shops *cough*

lodious
    Free Member

To be fair, last time Legoland was discussed on STW, loads of people said they loved it, so if you asked the same question on a different day, you’d get a totally different slant. 🙂

Still think it was horrible though!

mogrim

mogrim – interesting idea, will look into that, cheers

Tenerife would be another reasonably priced option, there’re loads of family type activities there. Madrid has Parque Warner, although it’s bloody freezing here at the moment, like Seville it opens weekends from next month. (Should be warmer then too!) Barcelona has PortAventura which is open year round, the water park bit from May onwards… load of options 🙂

ianv
    Free Member

For a 4 day trip you could fly to Paris cdg, rent a car and visit both Disney and parc asterix.

4 days in Windsor would be way too long. The park is only one days worth at best and crap at that.

takisawa2

Been to Legoland Windsor loads of times. It’s expensive if you just turn up, but use clubcard vouchers & it’s not too bad. It’s not tired at all. It’s more for younger children, age 10 is probably getting on a bit if I’m honest. It’s in a nice location, close to London etc. Set on the side of a hill, best for me was watching all the planes coming over from Heathrow 🙂
    We went probably four times last year, as we had Merlin passes. The Hotel is pricey. Get there early, & the Nemo or Laser Raiders rides should be quieter. My kids loved the driving school.

My honest advice…book through the Lego website. We had family of four, two days in the park & a night at a hotel (Holiday Inn, Slough I think) for just over £100.
    I love Legoland.

djglover
    Free Member

We are at EuroDisney now. We did Legoland windsor last summer, kids were 3 then and LOVED it, massively. The wasps were a bit of an issue though and we lived in London so the travel and hotels were not an issue. 4 days is too long, but there are other things to do, windsor, central london etc..

Disney however is in a different league in both cost, and parental anguish (not in a good way) and kiddy enjoyment (in a good way). Day 4 now and day 3 would have been more than enough.

I’ve had my wallet hoovered out, but what do they say on the mastercard ads, priceless?

Neil-F
    Free Member

We went to Windsor Legoland in 2006 and it was fantastic, a great day out.
    I should say that it was a stunning summers day though, I couldn’t see it being much fun in the rain or wind.
    It was also 7 years ago, I would hope it had been “freshened up” a bit since.

TiRed

We lived in the road next door to Legoland for nine months and had an annual pass. It’s good entertainment, queues and smaller than you think. The Nov 5th fireworks are always excellent. Windsor gives you good access to London. Personally, I prefer Chessington for the zoo and rides, but still visit Legoland with nephews and nieces.

Harry_the_Spider

The Manchester one is crap. Only go if you get your tickets on a Tesco Clubcard deal. If I had paid with real money I would have been upset.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Kids want to go to Legoland – which one ?’ is closed to new replies.