Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Kids smoking spliffs in cars – inform Police, or not?
  • dirtydog
    Free Member

Ever smoked a joint Drac or know anyone in the real world who has? I guess not otherwise you wouldn’t be offering up as evidence a couple of studies we nothing about and that contradict real life experience.

Bit like Ebikes are shit but I’ve never rode one argument.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ever smoked a joint Drac or know anyone in the real world who has? I guess not otherwise you wouldn’t be offering up as evidence a couple of studies we nothing about and that contradict real life experience.

Yeah MAN – like the stoners already posted like they are so much more careful like when they are bakes it’s like not an issue man u square…

Personal experience is generally the worst kind of evidence, especially if you were taking something while compiling your limited study.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Personal experience is generally the worst kind of evidence

Shut the forum, there’s no point, we cant rely on our own experience and have no evidence to back any of our claims up.

Drac

In 27 years of a medical career yes I have known many in the real world. Have you ever tried to reusicate a young passenger killed in RTC where the driver had been found to be smoking weed.

I guess not. That’s just my personal experience.

dirtydog
    Free Member

No thankfully I haven’t, was there any evidence that cannabis alone was the cause?

Drac

Yes. Well a contributing factor as there’s rarely a lone cause.

Kahurangi

What’s that? People are copy and pasting isolated fragments of research papers, insinuating that the research validates ones own viewpoint! You lot could make government ministers!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

If someone said to you:

“That spliff could make you a worse driver. It could cause you to have a horrible accident where you lose limbs & are left being fed through a tube for the rest of your life.

Not only that, you kill a total stranger & your best friend…..

I’m not saying it definitely will – but there’s good scientific evidence to support a link that THC can impair your driving..

If you’re willing to take that risk, then crack on……but if you’re a little unsure….don’t partake..”

It seems pretty simple to me, particularly when the consequences can be so grave. IMHO it’s not worth the risk.

FYI ex-pothead who had a psychotic episode due to THC. I wouldn’t touch the stuff again if you paid me.

globalti
    Free Member

There are plenty of apologists for dope on here who are good at trotting out the same old arguments about lack of evidence, other factors involved in accidents etc. but all I can go on is my own experience.

When I was an inexperienced driver aged 18 I thought it would be cool to smoke an ordinary cigarette while driving. I lit up and was shocked at how much it distracted me from driving; not only the chemical effect of the nicotine but also holding the dammned thing and dealing with the ash. So at that young age I decided smoking while driving was a very bad idea indeed and I never did it again. From smoking dope at college I know I would want to do that while driving even less, as the loss of contact with the skills and concentration required would be devastating. In addition to that I expect I would be in the car with some mates who might be messing around and I might want to show off a bit, so that even without any chemical effect I’d be driving carelessly.

So from me it’s a resounding NO and I would certainly dob in anybody I saw smoking a joint while driving. I smell plenty while out on the bike in the evenings so I know it’s not uncommon.

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Kids smoking spliffs in cars – inform Police, or not?’ is closed to new replies.