Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kid's riding in Kent
  • thepurist

I’m lined up to take my niece out for a bit of off-road riding – she’s not done much before but is confident and active so I’m looking for somewhere that offers easy progression with relatively stable trail conditions. We’ll have to fix a date and go whatever the weather’s been doing and I’ll need to be able to find stuff to ride. Only trouble is they live in SE London/Kent and the only place I’ve ridden round there is Bedgebury – any thoughts? Perhaps I should avoid the trail centres because of all the dogs/cats/muppets/budgies etc?

leegee

Bedgebury blue, much of the red is ok for kids. very quiet weekdays.

Cyclopark at gravesend would be ok for building confidence but not much there.

dknwhy

Could do a lap of Bewl Water?

thepurist

Ta all – will take a look at gravesend but think bedgebury might be the best option. I’d forgotten about Bewl water. Dived there years ago on the sunken village,but it was so dark you couldn’t tell you were under the bridge. Looks a fair pedal for an 8yo though and you can guess where it’d all go pear shaped.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Bewl would be too long and muddy. Cyclopark would be fun and you’re never more than 5 mins from the cafe and adventure playground. The road circuit is kind of cool too.

midlifecrashes

There’s Betteshanger at Deal too, they have a tarmac loop too for traffic free roadie action as well as off road loops, bike hire and cafe with good cake.

cchris2lou

Dartford heath.

It is flatfish with wide tracks.
    Some good jumps and bumps if you want to.
    Car park is free.

tenfoot

I don’t think cycling round Bewl this time of year is permitted.
    Capstone Park near Medway has some trails that are ok for children, although some of it is a bit hilly.

They have a little cafe there for after-ride refreshments. Also a toboggan, which is much fun.

http://www.visitmedway.org/places-of-interest/capstone-farm-country-park

Shorne Country Park is quite nice to ride around also for children, and can be joined up with the cyclopark by cyclepath (not 100% sure).

http://www.kent.gov.uk/leisure-and-community/parks-and-outdoor-activities/shorne-woods-country-park

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kid's riding in Kent’ is closed to new replies.