Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kids on brick ramp today………
  • romster
    Free Member

Took me back to my youth of jumping a six bricker on my bmx on a warm summer day during the holidays. 😛

How many bricks did you manage as a kid? Six was definitely our limit and there was only a few of us who had bikes light enough to get over it without it collapsing although at the time anyone who couldn't manage it got "you're shit ya can't jump a sixxer"!

Made a nice change seeing kids reverting to pretty traditional tactics to entertain theirselves during the holidays too.

On another plus note, found out i'm going to be an uncle today too, not once but twice! 😆

Happy days!

mtbfix

Out riding at the weekend we saw a 'table top' with the up-ramp perched on about 8 bricks. The whole thing looked entirely dangerous but I guess a 9 year old does not hit these things with the same force as a cack handed grown up. We decided to pass on by, needless to say.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Used to do it off a plank and an oil drum. Managed to clear 8 drums. The nutter from up the road (Lyndon Sharp if your still alive)used to clear 13 on the shonkiest bike ive ever seen. Scary shizzle.

jedi

jumping stacked tyres at rom…….:)

zangolin
    Free Member

not height but distance – cleared 2 people lying side by side on a Raleigh Chipper when I was about 11 (1976).
    Also – instead of using bricks to raise the plank up we used to lay down underneath the plank + hold the plank up with our arms – just like the White Helmets Motorbike stunt team.

romster
    Free Member

not height but distance – cleared 2 people lying side by side on a Raleigh Chipper when I was about 11

Mr brother held the street record for this, 5 kids off a double layered 4 bricker, i remember it well!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kids on brick ramp today………’ is closed to new replies.