• This topic has 24 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • kids garden trampolines
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Eldest is putting pressure on for a 12ft one. Are they any good?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Good but ugly – we had one for several years which the kids never bored of so great value – just watch the safety net – apparently a lot of kids end up in A&E following trampoline accidents

geologist
    Free Member

Got my 3 yr old one for xmas, he really really loves it. He says its his favourite toy.

But yes as above, really ugly, it made our average size garden look ugly indeed, but worth it for my little precious 😉

wwaswas

Our daughter’s had one for about 5 years. Fortunately we’re able to put it relatively ‘out of sight’ but it still occupies a fair amount of space.

Either get a safety net or a season ticket to a&e for your children and their freinds.

apreading
    Free Member

We got a SuperTramp one – they are loads better than all the others we tried. Not only do the look better, better built they are also much more bouncy and the safety net is suspended away from the poles, so they dont crash into the poles and hurt themselves. Some of them the net was just to stop them falling off but they could hurt themselves on the pole just as easy.

http://www.supertramp.co.uk/

Pricey – but they are the Islabikes of the trampoline world.

druidh
    Free Member

Great fun – get one.

We didn’t bother about the safety net. I reckon it’s no worse than falling from a tree and I wouldn’t expect to have a net under every one of them.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Yep, totally agree. Ours gets loads of use but it is an eyesore. I really begrudged the grandparents buying it at first, but seeing how much fun the kiddies have is worth it.

wwaswas

it’s no worse than falling from a tree and I wouldn’t expect to have a net under every one of them.

If my children ever start jumping up and down on tree branches 10ft off the ground I shall probably get nets installed.

biggest problem is the whole ‘angle of incidence’ thing – they don’t have to get it very wrong to shoot off to the side.

a net lets you put it closer to fences/concrete/the pond with less fear too.

Saccades
    Free Member

Good – kids love them during the summer, so does the wife tbf.

Make a mess of the lawn though, all the grass has pretty much died, the chickens scratching probably haven’t helped though.

I take the spring cover thing in for the winter to make it last a bit longer.

geologist
    Free Member

My lad is 3, and having the net around it means that I can plonk him in it to bounce, and potter around the garden. Without the net I would have to be on there with him 100% of the time.

supertacky
    Free Member

My wee girl must average about one hour a day on ours during the summer months. In the winter I panic about it taking off and wiping out our neighbours conservatory.
    The exercise value alone makes it worth while.

(
    As above make sure you get netting)

antigee

kids do love them
    we had 2 rules
    “no flips even if you do trampolining lessons”
    “no bouncing while the net door is being zipped up/people getting in/out”
    after a couple of arm breaks rule 3
    “no big ones to bounce on little ones”
    think about tieing it down – we’ve not lost ours in the wind but is in sheltered spot but know people who have and can cause a fair bit of damage on the way

edit and i zip tie the zipper on the net shut when we go on holiday to stop any neighbours kids going on “unsupervised”

qwerty
    Free Member

We brought a JUMP KING JumpPod Classic 12′ or 14′ i can’t remember, its a great energy burner for kids and a pelvic floor muscle test for the ladies, we have netting on ours and i wouldn’t be without it.

TiRed

We have the largest Jump King JumpPod. Buy big, as they just keep growing. Sized for a teenager. Nobody’s died yet. Our is under trees, so needs a regular sweep.

MoreCashThanDash

We could only fit an 8ft one in, had it 4-5 years, both kids love it, as do their mates – MrsMCTD uses it for exercise sometimes as well – then the neighbours love it!

We always use the safety net – they don’t fall from the height of the trampoline, they fall from the top of the bounce! And ours is sited on concrete with a retaining wall on 3 sides. Maybe on a big grassy space I’d not have the net.

Ours hasn’t blown away yet…..

poolman
    Free Member

I got a 14ft one for a rental villa but never put it up. I think the 1st 3 people I spoke to had all been in tramploine accidents so it just wasn’t worth the risk. My insurance only covered 1 person at a time too.

Shame but I will put it up one day & have a bounce about.

rossm
    Free Member

The round ones are a bit weak. Rectangular ones bounce loads better because the fibres are always lined up and pulling on the springs directly. They are quite dangerous. Insist on “one person at a time” – no exceptions (we returned a visiting child minus a tooth once). Also never let a kid under the trampoline at any time for any reason.

Legoman
    Free Member

Another Jumpking Ovalpod here.
    Go for a decent quality one if you can – cheap ones will look tatty after a year and they’re pretty conspicuous!

The way my kids throw themselves about on it, I wouldn’t even consider not having a net!

elzorillo
    Free Member

Best thing I ever bought for my kids. Had a 13foot round one and it gave the kids (and me) about 8 years of use. Now it resides in my sisters garden providing many hours of fun for my nephews/nieces.

Never had a net and although the garden was always full of kids, never had any accidents either. No more than three on at a time was our rule.

Only problem is having to move it around the garden once in a while to cut the grass/stop it going yellow.

Best money I ever spent.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I thoroughly enjoyed putting ours up on Christmas eve!!! Kids love it, and have been on it most evenings when I get home! Ours is a 12ft monstrosity but it’s worth if for the fun! I did a bit of research before hand and chose one to suit the whole family with a medium number of springs. Too many and there’s plenty of bounce for mr middle aged mountain biker but the kids don’t have enough weight to get them to spring.

headpotdog
    Free Member

12 foot Jump King for us. Kids love it, but the only complaint is that the safety netting has disintegrated after two years & now needs replacing. £80 last time I checked !!! 😯

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

Our neighbors bought a massive one, and dispensed with the safety netting. They buried it in a round hole, and it sites flush with the lawn. Looks great.

noshki

We buried ours into the lawn, which makes it look a lt better and also increases its use. One unfortunate side effect is the adults who decide to have a go after a glass too many at summer bbqs. In fact the only injuries so far have been the adults. Even my mum has a go when she comes around to visit.

takisawa2

Two lads here, 6 & 5. Ours is a 8ft dia. Garden would just be swamped by a 12ft. Spring pad rotted away, but new one from Ebay was only £18. Its stood for 3 winters now & is still fine. Kids love it, not just for bouncing but for dens etc.

kcal

We’ve just sold our 12″ one to next door neighbours, after 6 happy years. Think it’s a TP one. No nets, never had any real problems. Get a cover – keeps seagull shit off it, protects the pads from UV, keeps the springs and the legs in better nick.

Replaced the pads last year after they’d split, had repaired them with gaffer tape up til then.

One of the best entertainment things we’ve got for the kids in last 5 / 8 years — grandparents bought it for them. Been great for them, for friends’ kids, gets them outside evem if only for an hour or so..

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘kids garden trampolines’ is closed to new replies.