Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Kids comics
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

My eldest lad is 6 years old and is actually now interested in reading (yay). Now when I was his age Beano, Dandy, Whizzer etc were a plenty but it appears this is now not the case (all I see are umpteen rags with landfill toys). I’ve seen a new (to me) kid on the block called Phoenix which is aimed at 6-12 year olds and is only sold in W H Smiths or Waitrose (very STW). Has anyone got kids who read this? I am surprised there isn’t more Marvel or DC stuff aged at this age range too.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

the phoenix is good. You can get a a subscription monthly with 4 issues free
    https://www.thephoenixcomic.co.uk/subscribe/

Its got a variety of stories and activities inside. Dont expect graphic novel type depth but for kids its great. They deliver every friday so something to look forward

stuey
    Free Member

“2nd the Phoenix” – we’ve been getting it for a couple of years and both kids love it. Big plus – it has no adverts or plastic tat attached.

Drac
    monkeychild
    Free Member

Found the freebie Phoenix in the Issu app. My lad loved it and so did I. I think a sub will be taken out 🙂

midlifecrashes

I may be able to help. Whereabouts are you?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Wow!! That’s a lotta comics. I’m based not far from Telford, I think I am quite a way from yourself.

midlifecrashes

Could you pickup from Uttoxeter? My brother’s over that way and I’ll see him in the next couple of weeks if it saves posting them or making a special trip. I was given them about ten years ago by a neighbour and my kids have loved them, but have now outgrown them. Email in profile and we can sort something out.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Email sent

maccruiskeen

Heres a Beano thing….. if you compare the Beano we read with the ones kids get now – Denis is the same but Denis’s dad has changed. Except he hasn’t – the old Denis’s dad is still there – but the disciplinarian slipper-wielding dad from our childhood is now Denis’s grandad and the he has as a dad now is the grown up Denis of our childhood. Today’s Denis is our Denis’s son.

Northwind

And they’ve had probably 6 or 7 gnashers.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Kids comics’ is closed to new replies.