Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Kids bikes
  • loftmonkey
    Free Member

Hi
    Can anyone recommend me a 16 inch kids bike for my 4 year old
    Thanks

luffy105
    Free Member

My two had islabikes cnoc 16’s which have been perfect an I can’t fault but they weren’t cheap. However if looked after they lose very little money at resale so the cost of ownership has only been £50 or so for two years. They have been faultless and really well made.

I can’t afford the larger islabikes as upgrades though unfortunately so going for the frog bikes. Very well made but I suspect without the same resale value.

BearBack
    Free Member

Shipping might be costly but there’s no better looking and spec’d 16″ kids bike IMO
    Spawn Banshee

Email me as I might have what you are after (mx 16) and will send some pics

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Ridgeback MX16 are great little bikes – we had two of them before the kids got bigger.

antimony
    Free Member

What are the Decathlon bikes like – they are a good price (£85ish) but I’m not sure how they last.

jonathan
    Free Member

Not seen Spawn before – interesting bikes. That Banshee is more like a scaled down dirt jumper than an everyday bike though – about 1kg heavier than a Cnoc 16, and probably prohibitively expensive.

This looks great though! http://spawncycles.com/shop/spawn-cycles-savage-2-0/

Sorry… gone a bit OT 😉

scruff
    Free Member

My 2 eldest have MX 14’s. Eldest needs something bigger now but new bikes too much cash for now.

akira

Early rider belter, belt driven and only weighs 12lbs!

oli31
    Free Member

+1 for the belter. Brushed Ali frame so no paint to chip, belt drive no oil stained trouse or maintenance, only downs are price and lack of front brake oh and the price!

ianv
    Free Member

lil shredder prodigy!!

Harry_the_Spider

I can’t comment on other brands but my lad has a Ridgeback MX16 (£50 off ebay) and it is very good.

geoffj

Ridgeback MX16s are very good.

MoreCashThanDash

If it can wait till after Xmas we will have an MX16 to sell on. Two fairly careful owners….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Kids bikes’ is closed to new replies.