Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Kids balance bikes….talk to me!
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Balancing is easily learnt on a small-wheeled scooter.

Suspect this is true. Our two year old flies on his scooter.

He’s got a Strider too which he’s just getting into (didn’t want to be a pushy parent!) Nice and light with lots of adjustability. Lack of brake doesn’t seem to be an issue, he’s use to putting his foot down to slow down with the scooter.

david47
    Free Member

Being light was the most important thing we decided for our balance bike…
    We had no brakes on ours, did not seem to be an issue for either of the mini monsters when transferring to a bike with brakes, that was picked up very fast… Oddly, the bigger of our monsters really could not get the idea of peddling forwards, always backwards, for the second this was not an issue at all. \joke its obviously cos the first is a lefty \endjoke

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

@mrblobby – Could of wrote that myself.

Twins are about to turn 4 in a few months. Boy loves a scooter really rapid on it, has fantastic balance on it and totally confident. Also has a Strider balance bike which he says is too wobbly.

Girl is good on both Scooter and balance bike but she loves her balance bike and can ride it both feet up and has excellent bike balance skills.

Both are getting Frog Bikes for birthday as they want a bike with pedals. Think the boy will need stabilisers to start with but the girl will be good to go with a bit of practice.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

We have had the Decathlon one for a year and a half. For £35 its great and has a brake that my 2 yo uses no problem. The lever is actually really good for small hands. I can’t fault it.

anagallis_arvensis

my son has had his balance bike two years, he’s now four. he rarely uses the brake still, dragging feet is good enough for him

cbike
    Free Member

The ones with footrests get them lifting their feet.

Tinybike for example.

ads678

My daughter has the decathlon run ride, and for the money I doubt it can be beaten. Very light, rolls along and has a brake. whats not to like?!?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Kids balance bikes….talk to me!’ is closed to new replies.