Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Kidney Stones
  • skink2020

Anyone had them?
    I’m going to the docs in the morning.
    Oh horrible crampy nightmare pain.

stevomcd
    Free Member

You have my sympathies.

Only time in my life I’ve been given morphine. Didn’t even take the edge off.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

I had them 3 years ago…. Hospital …. Early hours…… Morphine is a wonderful thing!

The pain is unlike anything I’d had before! Just constant……. Permanent …. Nothing I did could minimise it!

My business partner laughed when I told him…. Then he had one a year later…… He ended up sat in the corner crying!

oli31
    Free Member

Yep had two in quick succession this time last year, rivals child birth according to some (I wouldn’t like to speculate but found that fact strangely comforting : ) certainly had me feeling a bit queer!

Reading up on them being really rough little stones being passed through a narrow pipe used to liquid lined with tentacle like nerve endings helped me contextualise the pain too

marty
    Free Member

here’s one of mine, caught from mid-flow by my mad ninja skillz:

Trampus
    Free Member

If only women could get them we wouldn’t have to put up with this ‘childbirth is so painful’ nonsense! 👿

benjamins11
    Free Member

Women can get them. More common in men but do happen in women. Morphine works well, but also diclofenac up the bum can work amazingly for stone pain.

Drac

Get them all the time due to a condition had them niggling now for over a week. But had a proper attack a couple of years ago which was by far the worst I’ve ever had, worse than a bone tumour, it crippled me.

Diclofenic IM sorted me out not sure why they need to give it rectal sounds a right bugger.

That’s when I got the joyful news that I will produce them regularly. Yes it’s worse than childbirth talking to women who have gone through both, they all said they’d rather give birth again then have renal colic from stones. Funny that stones causing the problem for both conditions.

benjamins11
    Free Member

Its more effective rectally than I’m, you have a lot of blood supply to back passage, which bypasses liver metabolism and also its pretty close geographically to site of pain.

benjamins11
    Free Member

Plus when people are in that much pain from a stone, they don’t care where its put!

Drac

Its more effective rectally than I’m, you have a lot of blood supply to back passage, which bypasses liver metabolism and also its pretty close geographically to site of pain

I bloody would.

I give drugs for a living, you seem a bit rusty with your info there. Yes I know you’re a Doc preparing to be flamed.

galactus
    Free Member

Same as Drac I was told I will produce them regularly 🙁
    I had keyhole surgery,fibre optic up through my penis and ultra sound…
    The worst bit was peeing blood and being told I had to retrieve ejected stones for the doctor to send to the hospital(before surgery)
    Biggest was 9mm by 6mm thought I was going to pass out!
    Liquid morphine was good, staying in hospital was not!

crikey
    Free Member

Drac, IM diclofenac can and does cause tissue necrosis, and its use when alternatives are available is pretty much indefensible these days.

I know a chap who was pretty much crippled by the after effects, with muscle abscesses that required months of surgery.

Up the bum is best.

Drac

I was just about to type, I may have ballsed up as wrecked post nights as my youngest is off school. Getting my absorption rates mixed up some what. Didn’t know that about the necrosis though, interesting and find it believable as it is a rather unpleasant drug.

crikey
    Free Member

I was part of the original clinical trials for IM diclofenac, post wisdom teeth op. Great analgesia, couldn’t walk for 3 days due to pain at the injection site. 🙂

Drac

Yeah site was tender for awhile but I’ve had that with other drugs, certainly not to the point I couldn’t use my arm though.

karnali
    Free Member

had then once took 2 paracetamol was in pain for about 3 days, when nads started to hurt went to docs and he said kidney stones and that they are very painful, i had already guessed that. Fortunatley seems to have been a one off

brassneck

Had em and got the good drugs.

If you’re going to the docs in the morning are you sure it’s kidney stones? Most people end up in an ambulance I’m told though I’m reet hard and my missus drove me into to the on call docs (screaming and crying in the back of the car :-))

Drac, IM diclofenac can and does cause tissue necrosis, and its use when alternatives are available is pretty much indefensible these days.

I know a chap who was pretty much crippled by the after effects, with muscle abscesses that required months of surgery.

Up the bum is best.

Does that include the little oral tablets? Didn’t know they were so nasty, I was told they were just ‘super ibuprofen’ 😀

birky
    Free Member

They hurt like hell. I had a kidney stone 2 years while on a driving holiday to the alps. The pain came on really quickly. Managed to pull off the mway and found a small hospital in Faido near the Gotthard tunnel then was transferred by ambulance to a larger hospital in Bellinzona, with some lovely morphine along the way. Swiss hospitals are nice 🙂

Drac

If you’re going to the docs in the morning are you sure it’s kidney stones? Most people end up in an ambulance I’m told though I’m reet hard and my missus drove me into to the on call docs (screaming and crying in the back of the car :-))

Not necessarily they range from a niggle to god almighty agony.

Does that include the little oral tablets? Didn’t know they were so nasty, I was told they were just ‘super ibuprofen’

Yeah it does and precisely they are NSAIDS which is why they’re nasty. People take Ibuprofen thinking it’s an innocent little anti-inflammorty they’re really unpleasant.

racefaceec90

jeepers,they sound horrible.you all have my sympathy 😯 i hope i never get them 😯

marty
    Free Member

As Drac says, it’s been anything from slightly achy baws to mild back pain to a horrible tearing sensation to I THINK I’M DYING.

Particular low point was coming down with the proper pain whilst on holiday in Aviemore. Was drivien to A&E in Inverness only for pain to subside as I got out the car and having A&E Doc suggest that it was “probably constipation”.

busydog
    Free Member

I have had 3 bouts of stones and it is extremely painful, to say the least–to the point of hyperventilating. On the last episode, the emergency room doctor gave me a Torodal Ketorolac) injection and a prescription for Toradol pills as well. Really did the trick pain-wise. He told me when released to drink a LOT of water until the stone passed and I had to catch it in a little sieve thing. I knew the instant it passed as the pain just stopped.

I got mine all in the summer and the last time, the doc asked me what I did for exercise and when I told him mountain biking, he asked about fluid intake and said that lack of adequate hydration is one factor (of many) that can lead to stones. I now drink a LOT of water —much rather have to stop and pee a couple times than go through the stone thing again.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Had one the size of a two pound coin. Ended up in hospital the day after my first child was born. Quite convenient as could just get wheeled round to see him instead of paying over priced parking charges. But was in agony. Ended up having a stent fitted whilst I had sonic therapy I think that’s what it was called to break the stone up so I could pass the bits.

Word of advise if you have a stent you feel crap all the time it’s in, however you get a sludge build up, when I had the stent removed I felt great, decided to go out and get needed up ended back in hospital with blocked up tubes!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Kidney Stones’ is closed to new replies.