Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Kiddicare Complaint – Punctures
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Been corresponding with Kiddicare over the ridiculous number of punctures we've been getting in our Quinny Buzz (should never have bought it, but anyway).

I've been trying to explain to them the tyres are crap (unsatisfactory quality, given price paid). Their response to me today amazed me, so I thought I'd share their findings with you as fellow cyclists……

"Punctures happen in an inner tube and not in a tyre and so the problem will be with the inner tubes."

Brilliant!

What nob heads.

sofatester
    Free Member

In theory that is correct 😉

Still Muppet's though!

nonk
    Free Member

well thats you sorted then.

skidartist
    Free Member

Some customer care bods can say some ridiculous things. The early BMW minis had to be recalled because you could get a spark between the car and the petrol pump when you were filling up, and this could ignite the petrol vapour.

BMW told all owners to bring their cars in for modifications, but in the meantime not to worry, because if a spark was to result in ignition the explosion would only be very brief.

Smee
    Free Member

Ghetto tubeless? 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

their customer service is shite! i bought a mamas and papas contraption which later became warped because of its design…..they said i could send it back but wouldn't give me a 'temporary replacement' – i needed one so i could push my youngest around in it whilst they took a look at mine! needless to say i couldn't be arsed to send it back!

sofatester
    Free Member

BMW told all owners to bring their cars in for modifications, but in the meantime not to worry, because if a spark was to result in ignition the explosion would only be very brief.

You have to be making that up!

GW
    Free Member

I'm assuming you don't mean pinch punctures so what caused them all?

skidartist
    Free Member

You have to be making that up!

If I recall that was their statement to Watchdog when they did an item on the recall, so not just a daft thing to say, a daft thing to say to an awful lot of people.

topangarider
    Free Member

At first they asked me to go down so their service centre could look at the problem (the rubber in the tyres is as this as paper) – but all they were going to do when I asked was change the tubes.

They seem to think that just because the tyres are ok to be sold in this country, that the quality of them is assured. I treid to explain that this is not the case – its legal to sell all sorts of sh1t stuff – but they wouldn't have it.

Will not be using them again. They're pricey for most things apart from buggies anyway.

topangarider
    Free Member

The tread is cut into the rubber, but the thickness of the rubber where the tread is cut in is ridiculously thin, so thorns go straight through.

Tried the slime – shite.

Trying to get them to buy us some Schwalbe City Jets – but they'd rather keep sending me inner tubes.

GW
    Free Member

THORNS!!! FFS! what a moaning ****!

I've had about 10 thorn punctures in the last fortnight on Maxxis 4X tyres, I'd better go and moan at chain reaction 'til they send me dual plys, eh?

😆

topangarider
    Free Member

GW – I'd say you're using the wrong tyres then.

The difference is that I had no choice of tyres that came with the buggy and it's not like I'm pushing it around my favorite mtb trails, just round the village.

Technically, if you bought a £2000 mtb and constantly got flats from something one would reasonably expect to come across on a trail, like a thorn, one could say its not fit for purpose or of unsatisfactory quality. Just playing devils advocate.

Oh – and cheer up, mardy arse!

liquid1000
    Free Member

Mate I totally sympathise with you the tyres on this pram are terrible we had the same endless punctures. Got some schwalbe ones off ebay with high tread pattern these are much better. Additionally google bikescene its a bike shop in middlesborough they have downhill thickness inner tubes for pram sized tyres think they were 7 quid each. Dobnr bother with the slime plastic strips either they just burst your inner tubes at the ends of the strips.

topangarider
    Free Member

Cheers liquid, will look into it – got few free tubes to get through first!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Kiddicare Complaint – Punctures’ is closed to new replies.