Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • KId falls off on BMX track so parents consider legal action.
  • Harry_the_Spider

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/stockport-youngster-injured-bmx-track-7221183#.U5G_iEq6ZqM.twitter

Really.

My daughter fell out of a tree on holiday last week. I’m going to contact an ambulance chaser to see who I can sue. 🙄

antares
    Free Member

Sounds like the parents are idiots.

Digby???

nuke

“When I got to the track to get him I couldn’t believe it was open to the public with no supervision.”

Well Sharon, why don’t you get off your arse and go and supervise him then!?! 👿

bencooper
    Free Member

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Harry_the_Spider

If the council gets sued do you think that anyone else will risk building these facilities in the future?

iamroughrider
    Free Member

some people….prehaps her and her friends should start up a group helping out, if it’s that important to her. Although that will prolly involve standing out in all weathers, with no financial gain,so I doubt that will appeal.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I ride there quite often.Mentioned to a parent that letting little Johnny ride the wrong way round the track on a death trap Bso without a helmet probably wasn’t a great idea.
    Somewhat predictable response apart from being accused of being a paedophile 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

Digby???

Sounds like someone was hoping for a dog.

giantonagiant

+1 to all the above comments.

“When I were a lad” this was all part of growing up and in fact a plaster cast on your arm was a badge of honour, to be celebrated and signed by your mates!!

I hope this gets thrown out if it ever gets as far as a court.

mtbfix

BBC news today reporting on govt plans to curb ambulance chasing lawyers and claimants trumped up claims. This case will go nowhere.

Junkyard
    Free Member

She added: “This is a competition standard BMX track, it is a dangerous Olympic sport and they are letting kids go on willy-nilly

Moron – let kids be kids yes some will get injured such is life

passtherizla
    Free Member

Digby’s mum sounds like a knob.

I was hospitalised more times than i can remember growing up… just part of being a kid. all the wrapping in cotton wool creates kids that think the world owes them something. little pussies.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

I feel sorry for Digby. Hope he heals well. Looks like his bmx days are over 🙄

zippykona

How will money make this situation any better? I’ll buy the little love a new pair of jeans and I reckon we’re quits.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Don’t you just love the modern attitude that says – once your child goes out of your door, they become Someone Else’s Responsibility

slackalice
    Free Member

This is exactly why we need to start adding Bromine into the water supply 🙄

xherbivorex
    Free Member

being called Digby and living in Stockport, i’d bet that he’s going to get a lot worse agony than just falling off his bike in the coming few years…

trout
    Free Member

Little Diggers needs to get some skills as looks pretty safe to me
    if this is the correct track

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NYbhU4VfcU[/video]

wrightyson
    Free Member

Silly **** cow!

MoreCashThanDash

They can sue all they like. They have to prove negligence to win. Lots of useless claims like this fail but get no publicity.

Biggest problem was a lot of insurers will pay out if it is cheaper than fighting it.

If more claims managers had had more bottle in the mid90s it may not have got so bad so quickly. Says the smug guy who ignored solicitors advice to pay off an appeal, and won, with the court awarding costs against the legal aid board for funding such a stupid appeal case.

#stillsmugafter20years

whatnobeer
    Free Member

She seems to be angry that there are no marshals at the track. I’m not entirely sure how the presence of one would of stopped poor Digby from crashing. Might of made the after effects easier to deal with, but he’d still have a broken arm….

thegreatape
    Free Member

“This is a competition standard BMX track, it is a dangerous Olympic sport and they are letting kids I let my kid go on willy-nilly.”

T1000
    Free Member

Sounds like child neglect! What parent would fail to check what their children are doing and the risks they are taking…

andyrm
    Free Member

I suppose she’d prefer him to get obese playing X Box in the safety of his bedroom.

Jesus wept – he’s a young lad, young lads fall off bikes, out of trees, off skateboards, get in scraps etc and get a bit hurt. It’s part of growing up. If we shield them from real life experiences more than we already do as a society, we’ll end up with even more kids who are socially inept and unable to interact other than via a touch screen.

PaulMc
    Free Member

Not worth getting excited about really. Claims like this are presented all the time but just occasionally the press hear of one and present it as something newsworthy. I have been representing councils defending claims for years and most take a very robust attitude to such claims, the problem is that sometimes their insurers (if they have a financial interest) take a purely commercial approach and judges all too often are overly sympathetic to claimants and see councils as cash cows. That said I don’t expect Digby’s claim will get far.

project
    Free Member

Did he have a helmet on, as we all know helmets stop you having accidents,

no bell, no pedal reflectors on bike and only a rear wheel brake, really luv do you care for your kid letting him ride such a dangerous bike, and did he have the corect personnel protection clothing on, had he read and understood all the safety instructions etc etc.

fin25
    Free Member

It won’t be long before people start suing the met office for not predicting floods…
    Seriously, what makes people think that their kids are not their responsibility?

ninfan
    Free Member

Who bought him the bike?

toppers3933
    Free Member

Stupid cow. Take responsibility for your kids or shut up. How on earth does she think marshals are going to make a difference? There would just be someone there to scrape him up when it all goes tits up. If she really wants something done then a 15ft high security fence is what’s needed. Followed by a system of training and accreditation to prove competence on the track. Or more likely, the council will just let it go to shit and disrepair and it will be a total waste of money. All because she can’t supervise her kids or take responsibility when he gets injured because she doesn’t pay close enough attention to where he is and what he’s doing.
    I bet little diggers is rather embarrassed by it all. Along side being excited that he might get a new iPad out of it.

MrsToast
    Free Member

If you see BMX as a dangerous Olympic that you don’t think kids should do, don’t buy your kid a BMX? Or supervise your child? Or, heaven forfend, accept that your kid bit off more than he could chew and had an accident – I remember several kids with casts when I was at school. My mate Dave has crowns on his front teeth from a skateboarding accident.

wukfit
    Free Member

he had taken FOUR inches of skin off his knee

That’d be over half way through my leg (just measured to check)

hora
    Free Member

It wont be a no win no fee basis so justice will be done.

If there is signage and a risk assessment has been done..

mickmcd
    Free Member

look on the plus side with the payout

they can buy the potential to be obese pansy an x box

Bunnyhop

We are members of the official Bruntwood BMX club.
    They hold sessions on Saturdays mornings and Wednesday late afternoons. There is bike hire and tuition during this time. (Although I haven’t been to a session yet, we did go to the opening event).

It is open to the public for anyone to use in the meantime. It’s common sense that if you go onto any play area in the whole world, you have to take responsibility for yourself and in this case being child a parent or guardian.
    We leave our 11 year old nephew on his stunt micro scooter on the local skate park. Along with others he’s always got scrapes, bruises and minor injuries from tumbles.
    Please let this case be thrown out and common sense prevail.

PaulMc
    Free Member

Don’t worry about this case Jane. I am sure it will be defended.

endurogangster
    Free Member

Parents should be used for not teaching their kids how to ride a bike! Or maybe do some parenting and go supervise themselves! ****!

Harry_the_Spider

My lad on Heywood BMX track.

Keeping him safe hurt my back, so I sued Rochdale Council.

Bunnyhop

That looks such fun.

Have you got another child tucked into that mahoosive rucksack? No wonder your back is buggered 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Coats and diabetes kit.

Other child was doing this.

Respinsible adult just out of shot, probably running to keep up with her.

shadowrider
    Free Member

Digby???
    Sounds like someone was hoping for a dog.

We were going to call our youngest Digby, but we had a girl and called her Lassie

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘KId falls off on BMX track so parents consider legal action.’ is closed to new replies.