Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Kick ass hardtail or cheapy FS – which one
  • MattPhotos
    Free Member

I am looking at new frames (hence earlier posts) but the bottom line is I can only afford one bike at the moment. I ride singletracks around me, never on the road, trails centres and periodically Wales. Nothing massive but like to get a bit technical.
    So for one used frame for which lets say I have £3-400, (I don't at the moment, but for arguments sake), is it better to get a good hardtail or a pants FS?

njee20
    Free Member

For that budget hardtail, definitely.

tootin

Kick ass hardtail every time

Onzadog
    Free Member

even if you doubled your budget, I'd still pick a hardtail.

igm

or if you halved it…

Still some decent hardtail frames for general riding art under £200

steve_b77
    Free Member

Hardtail, doubt you'd even get a decent 2nd hand FS frame for that

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Secondhand you could get a pretty good FS frame for £300 to £400, although you have a risk on the shock and bearings. You will probably struggle to get something you'll want to ride much, new for that kind of money. Even if the design is "okay", it will deffiantly have a poor shock at that price. IMO

You'll get a nice HT frame for that kind of money.

What parts (fork etc) do you have for it?

RealMan
    Free Member

hardtail

coogan
    Free Member

I'll have a 2004 Turner 5 Spot frame for sale soon around your budget.

MattPhotos
    Free Member

Well that was a fairly resounding answer then.
    Well I am not one to ask for advice and then not listen so a hardtail it is!
    I currently have a hardtail but id like to get around to upgrading the frame. Currently running RS Tora so might have to get something lighter but they will be OK to start with. Everything else is OK X7 sort of level and reasonably new, except my hubs which are getting on a bit and would need to go.

MattPhotos
    Free Member

Well.. as is my want I have been looking around at hardtails..
    Whats people opinions on the pipedream sirius? Looks like a steal at that price which suits me fine!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Kick ass hardtail or cheapy FS – which one’ is closed to new replies.