Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kia Soul owners, your thoughts please?
  • seavers
    Free Member

Happy Friday all.

I’m on the hunt for a new to me new car. I have a 2010 Astra and it’s not great (reliability) so I have been looking for something a bit different. I could go for a Focus 12/13 but the Kia Soul looks quite good. Looks are subjective but I rather like it.

I’ve seen one in budget, 7.5k 12 plate with 17k on it. Reviews seem OK but I would like to find out how you rate yours?

Some reviews say its a bit noisy on motorways and a bit of a bumpy ride. Would you agree? Also is there anything to look for when buying second hand, from a dealer?

TIA. 🙂

weeksy

I agree with reviews. Noisy, uncomfortable and just a very very basic car. I bought one in Jan on 2011 plate with 14k, sold it in June as Mrs weeks vowed shed never get in it again! Ever!

It wasn’t a bad car.

It was a horrible one though.

seavers
    Free Member

Thank you for your reply weeksy. I was going to drive quite a way to test one out. Think I will save the journey and look for something else!

iainc

We’ve had one as second car for nearly 4 years, an 11 plate, bought ex demo with about 2k miles, now has about 25k on it. It’s a 1.6 petrol, model i think is called Tempest. It is great for short runs but yes, harsh and noisy. Not helped by the 19 inch alloys that are standard… Looks nice and wife loves it. Very reliable and 7 yr warranty was a big factor for us.

seavers
    Free Member

Thanks iainc, Think the one I have seen is a 1.6 diesel, not sure which model. I think this one has 18 inch alloys. As I do some long trips it might not be the best option for noise and comfort. Might have to join the Focus crowd! Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kia Soul owners, your thoughts please?’ is closed to new replies.