Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Kevin McCloud: Escape to the wild. Hmmm. Not.
  • onehundredthidiot

It was them sitting on the volcano looking out at the untouched by humankind landscape. They both need an optician as I could see a pretty obvious town.

matt_outandabout

Did you know that George Clark is tall and an architect? is a laugh.

He is my brothers old uni flat mate.

I also watched last night and thought there was a lot more going on than it looked. The final straw was the ‘we are going to make a living teaching hippies to build with mud’ moment. 😕

julians
    Free Member

What a load of old toss. There’s a ski resort on the side of that volcano.

TheBrick
    Free Member

George Clark is a ****. The programming he presents are good but he makes them unwachable.

IdleJon

I enjoyed the third one (about Belize) but wish he’d pushed a bit more about why the father had such a problem with London. There was obviously something going on there.

crankboy
    Free Member

He was a psychopath nobody lets him sit in the trees shooting at the noises of people who may or may not be baddies in London…

onehundredthidiot

The Belize one was mental. Actually they were proper nuts. This is our compound its nice and functional. This is our monstrosity it shows we have gone a bit heart of darkness.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

The whole program does have a “Nuts in May” feel about it.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

The Belize one was mental. Actually they were proper nuts.

I spent some time in Belize about 25 years ago. Just about everyone was proper bonkers.
    And tooled up…

IdleJon

This is our monstrosity it shows we have gone a bit heart of darkness.

Hah, it wasn’t just me who made that link then? (I was going to describe the father as Kurtz in my post above.)

crankboy – Member

He was a psychopath nobody lets him sit in the trees shooting at the noises of people who may or may not be baddies in London…

He seemed like a psychopath before he got hold of the gun.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

That guy last night was fully mental. Reminded me of mosquito coast.

The Chile one was rubbish. I’ve climbed that volcano, loads go up everyday. Great fun glissading back down. Good day out from pucon. Thats the major tourist town twenty mins drive from their house.

muddyground
    Free Member

Our Kev did seem properly surprised that he’d met people not living off a trust fund or lottery win. Tells you everything about the last two programs. The guy was slightly unhinged, as if he’d done some serious sh.. back in Blighty. Intense didn’t do him justice. Mental place to move to. Not entirely convinced it was a sensible move. But then clever editing so far in this series has hidden a lot of truths.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

That guy last night was fully mental. Reminded me of mosquito coast.

Reckon he’s read it?

IdleJon

He worked in publishing didn’t he? Childrens’ books, one assumes? 😆

back2basics
    Free Member

did i miss something as to why Kevin had to get a taxi from the airport to a bus stop in a dodgy area to catch a crappy bus to somewhere in the middle of night , to walk in darkness for an hour, and then the next scene the NutJobGuy had a big truck and was driving into town on a tarmac road to school…..

I didnt like the way the kids and the mother always looked at NutJobGuy before answering any KM’s questions about “why they were doing it”……
    one day he’ll come back from his “patrol” and they wont be there but on the next flight back to blighty !

edit: *cough*top gear producers get new job with c4*cough*

BigJohn

Mrs BigJohn & I ended up at that bus station in Belize City one night in the dark. It was every bit as scary as Kev implied. One drunk angry bloke waved a large dead iguana at us and shouted something which didn’t help our feeling of well-being. We hopped in a taxi too and asked to be taken to the one decent hotel in town. The only time that whole back-packing trip we took a taxi or stayed in a proper hotel.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Kevin McCloud: Escape to the wild. Hmmm. Not.’ is closed to new replies.