Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • kettletrackworld……….
  • thecrackfox
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend me a cordless jug style kettle that does not leak as soon as the warranty runs out or the plastic goes brittle as soon as the warranty runs out?

Or is it beyond the ability of humankind to make a water retaining boily thing? I don’t mind spending a reasonable amount, but in my experience of buying cheap and expensive they are all crap.

Taff
    Free Member

Not a Morphy Richards then…

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Dualit (if only Miele made kettles!)

Stoner
    Free Member

this russell hobbs hasnt died yet. 14 months old so far….

Markie
    Free Member

We’ve just bought a Phillips HD4644 to replace a Morphy Richards. Bought it based on Amazon reviews and so far so good… basically every kettle had people saying how much it sucked, but this one had a good ratio of winners to losers!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD4644-Energy-Efficient-Kettle/dp/B001EHF3OG

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Can you get a niche kettle.? Someone will come along with a cast iron Arga jobby.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Dualit. But not this type:

as the steam hurts your hand when you pour it.

Get this type:

Stoner
    Free Member

My niche Singlespeed kettle 😉

stumpy01

We’ve got a stainless steel Philips kettle from Argos that, erm, works quite well.
    It seems to have an inner plastic skin, so the sides of it don’t get boiling (water) hot, the filter inside does it’s job and it’ll boil a mug of water in about the same time it takes me to get a cup out, stick a tea bag in it and get the milk from the fridge…

This one:
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4228792/Trail/searchtext%3EPHILIPS+KETTLE.htm
    although I can’t believe we spent that much on a kettle!! Must have been an offer on. The matching toaster works quite well too…

sam_underhill

+1 for what theflatboy said.

RustyMac

Ive had this Philips one for 18 months or so now with no problems, cup indicator is in cups not muggs (shocker) but you soon figure out how much water you need for a brew.

thecrackfox
    Free Member

Sorry for the delay……..I had to go out walking 😯

Taff, yes current one is a Morphy Richards and it is cr@p!

Stoner I’ve has a Russel Hobbs and it leaked like a sieve.

I quite like the Dualit one, so on your head TFB, it may have to be one of those, although I do have a log burner for nicheness Stoner.

Cheers

theflatboy
    Free Member

Good choice, I just drank a cup of tea made with one of those very kettles, and very nice it was too. 🙂

MSP

I got a 5 quid one from the supermarket, still working 4 years later. Is buying a kettle really that complicated?

thecrackfox
    Free Member

MSP, its not complicated at all, its just one of lifes big let downs along with tea pots in cafes that dribble 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘kettletrackworld……….’ is closed to new replies.