Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Kettle and iron trackworld
  • wwpaddler
    Free Member

So the ex got the kettle, iron and ironing board.

What kettle should I buy to make my cups of tea come alive?

What iron and ironing board to make my shirts crease free as quickly and easily as possible?

perchypanther
    Free Member

What kettle should I buy to make my cups of tea come alive?

Whichever one looks most “authentic” atop your woodburner.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

What iron and ironing board to make my shirts crease free as quickly and easily as possible?

out of the washing machine and onto the washing line as quick as possible. let the weather gods do the ironing for you

finbar
    Free Member

The French and the Germans are both good for irons (i.e. Tefal and Bosch). Don’t get any British junk i.e. Russell Hobbs or Morphy Richards. They both sound like they’re named after child-molesting 70s TV presenters anyway.

km79
    Free Member

let the weather gods do the ironing for you

You must like your shirts wet.

A tumble drier!

sbob
    Free Member

They will dry on a washing line you know, that’s why washing lines exist, to dry clothes. 🙂

Tumble dryers are just a waste of energy.

P-Jay
    Free Member

finbar – Member

The French and the Germans are both good for irons (i.e. Tefal and Bosch). Don’t get any British junk i.e. Russell Hobbs or Morphy Richards. They both sound like they’re named after child-molesting 70s TV presenters anyway.

There’s a bloke who works in my building called Russel Hobbs, not sure if he’s a nonce, but he’s very odd.

CraigW
    Free Member

Le Creuset stainless steel kettle.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Dualit architect kettle and toaster (the two slice one)

Laura star iron, others are in the range but this is the one I have:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Laurastar-000-0803-750-S5a/dp/B00651W8BM

wobbliscott
    Free Member

On the iron, if you’re in a hard water area just buy a cheap and nasty one and replace often. No matter how much you spend on one, after a short while it’ll be spitting out white flakes of scale all over your clothes.

Not sure about a kettle – got rid of mine when I got the extension done and got a Qooker. Downgraded form wood floor to laminate, but the cost difference paid for the Qooker, new telly and home cinema system and a few other bits and bobs. Pricey, but brilliant. Definitely makes the tea come alive because the water is delivered at 100 degrees. I can’t abide tea made with just-off boiled water.

CountZero

out of the washing machine and onto the washing line as quick as possible. let the weather gods do the ironing for you

Works for me.

let the weather gods do the ironing for you
    A tumble drier!

It doesn’t rain every day of the week, you know.

They will dry on a washing line you know, that’s why washing lines exist, to dry clothes.

Tumble dryers are just a waste of energy.
    Precisely. I don’t own a tumble dryer, nowhere to put one, and I personally have never used an iron and ironing board in my life.
    But then, I don’t work in the sort of high-pressure environment where being a sharp-dressed man helps you get on in the world.
    I wash stuff, I peg it out on the line and let natural processes dry it out, I bring it in when it’s dry, fold it up and put it away.
    Simples.

Cougar

Don’t get any British junk i.e. Russell Hobbs

I’ve had all manner of cheap and expensive kettles and have learned that price is no indicator of quality.

Current one is a metal-bodied Russell Hobbs and it’s the best one I’ve ever owned. Indestructible and boils in no time. I -think- it’s this:

https://uk.russellhobbs.com/russell-hobbs-products/kettles/polished-stainless-steel-kettles/cambridge-polished-kettle

frankconway

Steam generator irons are great but are too big for standard sized ironing boards so you will need a truly ginormous unwieldy ‘ironing table’ which will take up every square millimetric of space you have.
    If there’s a john lewis store anywhere near you go and have a chat; the world of ironing – there’s so much to it………..

Kamakazie

Same as Cougar. My last Russell Hobbs kettle (Legacy series) & toaster have been miles better than anything I’ve had before in terms of lifespan.

Cougar

I have the “Power II,” presumably the predecessor to that one. It’s been great, and is in a manly colour rather than the powder-puff pink / pastel blue that most others are (presumably because marketing are targetting wimminz).

finbar
    Free Member

Same as Cougar. My last Russell Hobbs kettle (Legacy series) & toaster have been miles better than anything I’ve had before in terms of lifespan.

I’ve had all manner of cheap and expensive kettles and have learned that price is no indicator of quality.

Current one is a metal-bodied Russell Hobbs and it’s the best one I’ve ever owned. Indestructible and boils in no time. I -think- it’s this:

To be fair I was talking about irons not kettles. I had a Russell Hobbs iron for a while last year (inherited from an ex-tenant) and it was absolute trash. Made ironing incredibly laborious compared to the Tefal it replaced (which lasted well over a decade), and I’m not even sure the RH was a cheap one…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Kettle and iron trackworld’ is closed to new replies.