Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Keswick Tues night ride- room for a new boy?
  • TomB

I'm hoping to be able to make it out this tuesday. Any info on potential route this week? 1830 at Pedlar, is that right? I'll be the unfit one possible on a shiny new Chumba!

stoney
    Free Member

Welcome along…. Please note that we have been called F;#in crackers on occasions 😆
    You`ll need good lights as well, at least 2-3hr burn time.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Cool..We need new blood! ….. 😈

(crackers on occasions)! 🙄

stoney
    Free Member

Oh BTW you`ll also need legs of iron, nerves of steel and a good sense of humour 😉
    A nickname helps, but we can sort that for you 😆

JoeBlob

Mr Stone, the guy is called TOMB, don' think he needs a nick name.
    You two will make a good double act though!…………. TomB Stone, lets hope thats not prophetic.

stoney
    Free Member

Ah yes!! the clue is in the title! Not too quick on the uptake there am i 😳

superdan

bring haribo!

stoney
    Free Member

Yes Haribo 😆

Or Jelly Babies 😆

Some even take a hip flask 😯

OOOOPS did i say that 😉

GaVgAs
    Free Member

and not forgeting some wonga for the pub!…we spend most of the night in there. 😉

stoney
    Free Member

Hey Gav, TomB hasnt responded…..Hope we have`nt put him off 😳

TomB

Should be there, shopping tomorrow for the iron legs, steel nerves and haribo!

stoney
    Free Member

Cool….

See you then 😛

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I went out with these guys a few years ago. Made to feel very welcome. But agree with the "crackers" statement. We were out for hours and at times I had water up to my mid shin. Some (most) of them are super fit and flew up wet greasy hills on singlespeeds that I struggled up in granny (and I'm fitish). Did I mention it was raining and dark.

Was well fecked at the end……. One of the best "evening spins" I have ever been on 🙂 Still owe them a big thanks for a great ride.

tandemwarriors

I joined them one evening last spring when on holiday. Was an excellent ride, but Jelly babies are indeed essential.
    Hope you've survived!

Rob

TomB

Fun night out, thanks for the patience with my various bike snags. Nice to meet everyone and put some faces to names off here. I'll be out again when shifts allow….

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Good to meet you TomB – unlucky with the pinches I think 🙁

stoney
    Free Member

Is there any news on the missing bolt? as PT said unlucky with those snake bites

TomB

Si is on the case with the bolt, and I'm shopping for a bigger rear tyre!

stoney
    Free Member

Bike looks nice BTW 😛

clareymorris

TomBStone – tee hee ;-D

Great to meet you, and what a cracking looking bike.

I don't NORMALLY spend that long in the pub, but I must say I was enjoying the pampering… well it WAS my birthday!!!)

diggler
    Free Member

alreet.

is this a regular thing.

i was thinking about having a drive over one noight for a ride

stoney
    Free Member

Not sure what you mean Diggler? It happens on Tuesdays not Fridays!! allthough it`s a popular area and therer are allways folk around on bikes.

diggler
    Free Member

sorry. thats my inept typing.

i realise this is tuesdays. i was just wondering if it was a regular teasday thing.

il take any excuse to get out over those parts

flippinheckler
    Free Member

(most) of them are super fit and flew up wet greasy hills on singlespeeds that I struggled up in granny (and I'm fitish).

Reminds of the Dyfi, when fat feckers on SS were passing me up a silly steep technical climb. FFS 🙄

stoney
    Free Member

No probs Diggler, It is every Tues, regular as clockwork and we still managed to have 8/10 turn out when it was -11teen degrees 😉

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Keswick Tues night ride- room for a new boy?’ is closed to new replies.