Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kerry Ridgeway?
  • franki
    Free Member

I’m spending a weekend near Kerry soon and was looking to put together a ride including the Ridgeway. I’m guessing it’ll be ok on a Gravel bike.
    Anyone ridden it before and know if it’s best tackled west to east or t’other way round?

Cheers!

simon1975

Did it west to east as part of a 3-day tour. Nothing strenuous or technical, was all downhill to Bishop’s Castle where we stumbled upon an enormous beer festival 🙂

MrGFisher
    Free Member

I’ve not long moved near. I’ve heard there is some work going on with a new windfarm? Not sure if it will effect your route, but thought it worth mentioning.

If anyone has any GPX’s of any routes in the area (Road or CX) I would be interested!

franki
    Free Member

If anyone has any GPX’s of any routes in the area (Road or CX) I would be interested!

Me too!

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I generally think it works better west to east but it’s okay the other way too. Fine on a crosser, any kind of rear suspension is probably overkill.

franki
    Free Member

Rode the Ridgeway on Monday. Gravel or CX bike is ideal, a mountainbike would make for a bit of a boring ride IMO.
    Great fun anyway and amazing views. Had the best weather too, so all good. (Well almost – the number of gates on the route was a pain in the rear!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kerry Ridgeway?’ is closed to new replies.