Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Kendal Saturday Morning Ride
  • Kahurangi

I’m in Kendal for the Film Festival this weekend and would be keen to get out for a ride on Saturday morning. Ideally, early (like 8 or 9 am, not silly early) and ideally straight out of Kendal.

I’ve ridden a bit around Kendal so know it’s not proper Lakes big-mountain-mega-tech but there should be plenty to keep one entertained for a morning!

Is anyone else there for the weekend or locals who don’t mind linking together some best bits? I’m staying with relatives near the Riflemans.

philtricklebank

I’ve done a very pleasant Kendal to Windermere ride several times with the family, nothing too technical, some mud in places. Stunning South Lakeland scenery and not at all busy. Return on the train.

You’ll need an OS map. Out from Kendal on the Underbarrow Road to take Gamblesmire Lane at Bank Head. Take that to Cold Harbour and various bridleways leading north of Tranthwaite, south of Lindreth Brow. Care – a false track leads up the field at 34704933, keep your level left across the field at that point. Keep going west past Beck Side to the road. North on this to pick up trails leading south of Crook Hall, then north on a lane to Milldam and further north to join the B5284 Hawkshead road. Head west along there for a couple of Km to pick up the track from Cleabarrow, which eventually spits you out in a housing estate near the station in Windermere.

Kahurangi

Thanks for the reply phil.

Given that no one seems to have jumped at the chance of a social ride and given the weather recently (apparently it’s been wet?! 😆 ) the Mrs is trying to persuade me to not bother with bikes and we’ll go walking instead.

I could be persuaded to still bring a bike though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Kendal Saturday Morning Ride’ is closed to new replies.