Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kenda Nevegal size v's Schwalbe NN please
  • oxym0r0n

Hi

Thinking of replacing my worn Kenda Nev 2.1 front, 1.95 back with a Nobby Nic/ Racing Ralph combo for something a bit faster. Does anyone that has both know a comparative size? Do they come up a bit smaller? Should I go for 2.25 front and 2.1 back?

Thanks

[Yes I know I should go down to my LBS but I need to get them for next weekend :-)]

starsh78
    Free Member

i have had racing ralphs they are ok i found rocket rons faster, i do have the super light ones and super thin tubes tho,

your LBS can order them for you, fishers are pretty quick at dispatching stuff.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

The Nobby Nics are exactly 2.25″ measured a couple of says ago, i know im sad.
    If the Kenda’s are the right size, then the Schwalbes will be bigger.

oxym0r0n

Thanks Swift – was that to the side of the Carcass or the outer knobbles (so to speak)?

My summer Panaracer Razer 2.3 looks about the same size as 2.1 Nev, but maybe I should get the tape measure out?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

To Side Nobs, but theres negligible difference, as the carcass is very….bulbous.
    Maxxis come up a little small from my experience too.

oxym0r0n

Cheers – it’s the bulbousness that appeals TBH as I have been enjoying Razer front, Nanoraptor rear over the summer, both of which have a curved carcass.

Was considering a High Roller but that seems much more square shaped 🙁

br
    Free Member

Not sure where you live, but it ain’t the weather for RR’s now.

oxym0r0n

b r – NN on the front, RR on the back ~ Quantocks BTW

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve run a NN/RaRa combo all Summer and it’s been great but had to swap the Ralph for a Dirty Dan XC this week as the RaRa was struggling in the wet and muddy conditions round here.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I run 2.25 NN/RR all year, but worn through my RR, when i get another it will go on.
    I like its performance in mud.

grantway
    Free Member

I prefer the Schwalbe Fat Alberts
    more to be compared to the Nevegals

enfht
    Free Member

RR don’t like mud, NN are better but the Nevs are much more capable in the mud

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kenda Nevegal size v's Schwalbe NN please’ is closed to new replies.