• This topic has 32 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by tron.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Ken Block + 600bhp + empty racing circuit = Petrolhead heaven
  • singletrackmind

http://video.mpora.com/watch/mjPfNnCxk/?utm_source=Mpora+Network&utm_campaign=b1e5ba9215-MPORA_NL&utm_medium=email

He might not be everyones cup of tea , but this is impressive. Loving the segway and 360's on the wet section.

Ruining the rims at the end is a shame , could have ended it better .

Don't bother wasting 5 mins of your life watching it if you are a car hater , its Max Power heaven. The definitive guide to ar***g around in cars.

TheFlyingOx

0-60 in 1.9 seconds?
    That engine must need rebuilding every lap!

verticalclimber
    Free Member

serious piece of kit, driving not bad either

snaps
    Free Member

Have you seen the Original Gymkanna
    One of his cars is Here on Saturday

verticalclimber
    Free Member

presume subarus wont float if he gets it wrong

Hadge
    Free Member

That's brilliant, really enjoyed that.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Madder than 'Mad Jack McMad' from Maddsville.
    I know it's a bit different but why isn't he WRC Champ? Or why don't the likes of Loeb & Solberg do similar stuff?

(or do they?)

snaps
    Free Member

Kenny from the Block has crashed out of most WRC events he's entered.
    Loeb & Solbergs contracts probably exclude them from such things.

finbar
    Free Member

Obama can't gymkhana

amplebrew

At first I thought it was my mum coming back from Tesco's in her Fiesta ST…..

She usually clips the back wing coming of of the car park before then kerbing the alloys 😀

plecostomus
    Free Member

If only my fiesta looked and went as fast as that haa ha awsome, there's a guy in fast ford this month who has built a copy of the car I saw it in penrith in the summer it's amazing!

snaps
    Free Member

Loads of practice for his videos judging by the tyre marks, not so in WRC

Kato

love it

Creg

Have you seen the Original Gymkanna
    One of his cars is Here on Saturday

Surely you mean this original one?

Dickyboy

Surely you mean this original one?

Now that is class

samuri
    Free Member

That looks like a lot of fun.

I'm assuming most succesful drivers are succesful because they're insanely cool. F1 in particular but I guess rally too, success is achieved by remaining extremely calm under pressure and being massively consistent, massively.. F1 drivers lap within hundreths of seconds of each other and themselves for 60 laps or more. Consistency.

Gary_C

SoMe one from this forum will be along shortly saying that they can do better……

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oh man, the noise, that is **** awesome…. if someone can just dub the sound over some lovely ladies off of redtube for me….

el_boufador

I thought it sounded frigging awful! Looked a whole heap of fun though. Liked the loop round the cone on the banking best

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Skillz innit.

juiced
    Free Member

awesome. A real car! Love that straight through exhaust burbling! Brilliant skills and superb edit. Loved it!

Would be interesting to see what mods that car has. From the flames and power I'm guessing seriuos mods/an engine transplant/4wd/NITROS!!

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

He's an interesting guy…

He owned legendary skate label Droors along with sister company Dub which made snowboard outerwear and were rivals to the likes of Four Square and Sessions back in the mid/late 90's. Droors was sold off and has since become defunct, but lives on in the form of DC (Droors Clothing) which he founded in 1994.

Additionally, he co-founded a snowboarding magazine back around the same sort of time that Droors/Dub were taking off. I can't remember what it was called (Blunt, possibly?), but it was similar to Big Brother skateboarding magazine (now principally remembered for introducing Jackass to the World through the sketches on their branded skate videos).

Oh, he's got his own mini snowboarding resort in the back garden of his Utah pad too:

http://tinyurl.com/2clb78y

juiced
    Free Member

I remember Dub snowboards!!!i knew someone sponsorded by them back in the day.
    Cool.

tails
    Free Member

fiestas have come a long way!

ex-pat
    Free Member

Most excellent. Watched the Gymkanna one and you can see he makes a few verge clips and such, that would be enough to spit him out of a rally I reckon. But no denying his showmanship for sure.
    If you've ever seen the topgear live show at a motorsport event (there's one at the NEC IIRC) then it's got some similarly amazing driving it it.
    So want an airfield of my own now – next door to the quarry of course…

Kevevs
    Free Member

That's mental! It'd be even better if it looked like an ordinary about-town Fiesta. Just popping the kids to school… VRRRRRRRR..

jonahtonto
    Free Member

very jealous – he is a lucky boy !
    he couldnt cope with the WRC though as he couldn't practice the same moves over and over and then edit it together. one chance only with a real rally which is why the F1 drivers who have a go dont do well – you cant learn the circuit (or even see where your going through the mud soaked windscreen)

billybob
    Free Member

Pretty good driver for a shoemaker…

TheFlyingOx

Would be interesting to see what mods that car has. From the flames and power I'm guessing seriuos mods/an engine transplant/4wd/NITROS!!

At a guess, serious mods but no nitrous. A massively strengthened engine block with new cams, valves, pistons, etc., a gigantic turbo, and the cooling and fuelling mods required to support it all. The exhaust popping is from the anti-lag system that keeps the turbo spooling.

willard

Holy crap! That is amazing.

I wonder if I can persuade my mother in law to pimp her fiesta like that…

bigyinn
    Free Member

Probably a bored out block and massive intercooler on there at a guess too.

flip
    Free Member

I wanted to dislike this, but it ace!!

tron
    Free Member

I think the big deal with rally VS other disciplines is that you can't see what's coming up, and you're reliant on pace notes which are being read to you 5 or 6 corners in advance. That's a serious skill to learn – to be able to work out the optimum speed for this corner, on the basis of how much braking room and how tight the next corner is, and the corner after that etc.

Anyone who's driven something like the Nurburgring on Gran Turismo will know that you can perhaps get away with a bit too much speed through one bend, maybe two, but eventually, you're going to come off.

In contrast, Ken Block and most racers are operating from memory and what's going on right now (ie, other competitors in the way).

As for the Fiesta, I suspect the Ford Duratec or whatever it's currently called is under the bonnet – people have 2 litre non-turbo versions of these getting on for 300bhp. I suspect the floor from another car may have found it's way in too 😆

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Ken Block + 600bhp + empty racing circuit = Petrolhead heaven’ is closed to new replies.