Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • keighley bike routes
  • chutney13
    Free Member

can anyone recomend any bike routes out of keighley. i know quite a few places (bingley, shipley glen, ilkley moor) but you never know what you don't know.

looking for quick blasts rather than epic dales and back.

fubar
    Free Member

I don't live over there anymore (so this is based on my riding 10 years ,or more, ago !) but down Altar Lane (side of St Ives Golf Club) used to be a blast. Also Harden Moor between Harden Road and Guide Pub (if it still exists ?). You can get down from Cross Roads to Cullingworth on Bridleway. Just get a map and you can put it all together. Further away Ogden Resvr, Oxenhope etc.

I found this http://cobbled-together.co.uk/Wilsdenrides.aspx

I'm sure they are more routes on the 'net too.

oxnop
    Free Member

i live in Oxenhope (bet you couldn't have guessed 😆 ) if i want a quick loop I do a modified version of Bingley Bash. I ride all over and still think its one of the best routes I do.

You basically take a few cheeky paths around Oxenhope, up on to Black Moor, Shoe Shine, steps behind old 5 flags, down to Hallas Bridge, traverse across to top of Wilsden, down towards Malt Shovel pub using a really nice cheeky descent, up to St Ives (main entrance) first left up really steep techy ascent, onto Harden more, devils drop, guide pub, follow towards 3 acres pub but turn right a few tracks prior, nice little steep techy descent to bridal path (my GF tore a her shoulder ligaments here recently)- traverse along back to main road, cross road by council tip, steep ascent to moor, then road to Black Moor again. Finish

My GF rode it recently with a group that included Tracey Mosley, her partner grew up around here and commented that it a route he rode alot. If your fit you'd have it boxed off in 1hr 10 mins,

chutney13
    Free Member

thanks very much, will give those ago. only ever really done the harden loop that way.

Simon

Cottingley Woods is worth adding into Oxnop's loop.

chutney13
    Free Member

yeah, i like cottingley woods.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

def the quarry on harden moor for quick blasts, lots of exploring to do there and st Ives estate is littered with cheeky trails.

cbrsyd
    Free Member

You nip out to Skipton and do Sharphaw. Been great over summer but getting a bit boggy now!

http://www.mtbdales.com/dales_route_guides.php?catid=8

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘keighley bike routes’ is closed to new replies.