Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Keepy uppy or wheelies
  • redmex
    Free Member

When i was younger i was pretty good at keepy uppy easy to do 250 but wheelies never more than 10 feet occasionally maybe 20 and often sore butt after falling off
    Some kids amazing at wheelies are bikes easier or is it the back brake technique i never used ?

Cougar

I never mastered wheelies (or “manuals” as the cool kids call them these days for reasons I don’t understand). If I got the front wheel a couple of inches off the ground to lighten a kerb mount I’d be doing well. I wonder if perhaps it’s a fear of going over backwards (a possibility about as likely as Satan ice-skating to work).

simondbarnes

I never mastered wheelies (or “manuals” as the cool kids call them these days for reasons I don’t understand)

Wheelies and manuals are 2 different things.

I can’t do either. Or keepy uppies.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I can’t do either but my youngest could do keepy uppies all day & can now wheelie for miles.
    Little (30yr old) git. 🙂

Superficial
    Free Member

Lol @ “back brake technique.” Knowing how to use the brake is not optional 😆

FWIW I never managed a hundred keepie uppies (90-something was my record) but on the right incline (~3-4% uphill) I can wheelie pretty much until I get tired or reach a right hand turn. Manuals are a different story 😡

breadcrumb

Keepy uppies with a football? Lucky if I got five three.
    Wheelies, miles and miles.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Nailing a good manual gives me at a childish 42 years of age a proper buzz. Funnily enough been out in sins BMX tonight that is hard to wheelie bars need going a lot further forward I reckon.

davosaurusrex

When you have your wheelie technique down you very rarely need the back brake, you relax into the balance point and keep it there. Took me ages to get it though, 10 minutes a day all summer a couple of years back and I’m still not consistent.

Can’t manual for shit though. Or do keepie uppies.

Cougar

Wheelies and manuals are 2 different things.

How so?

DrP

Man..get with the times….
    Wheely = sat down, pedalling to keep wheel up..
    Manual = pull on front, no pedalling, wheel stays up..stay standing up…

And yezzzzzzz..DrP can pull offf both!! One handed wheelies FTW, BTW!

DrP

EDIT..I’d say back brake is key!!

Haze

Name borrowed from skateboarding, to coast on the back wheels.

Or on the front only, a nose manual.

kayak23

A Wheelie

A manual.

newrobdob
    Free Member

What on earth is a keepy uppy?

I’ve been riding 30 years on MTB and bmx and I know what a manual and wheelie are but never heard of a keepy uppy.

DezB
    Free Member

I know what a manual and wheelie are but never heard of a keepy uppy.

LolZ!

nedrapier

fitba.

DezB
    Free Member

Are wheelies easier on a cheap Halfords bike? Cos all the kids who can do em best ride those.

scaled
    Free Member

I can keep a bloody football in the air for as long as my attention span holds. I don’t even like football.

Can’t wheelie for toffee though

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Can wheelie an mx bike indefinitely, however I have tried to master rolling stoppies and given up (also tried in on an mtb not easy)

redmex
    Free Member

Back to the keepy uppies i could rattle a volley top corner Wayne Rooney would be proud of but wheelies or even harder a manual i just canny
    I’m not even fussed about footbal

philmccrackin
    Free Member

has anyone mastered wheelies well into their 30’s or older? when you have never been able to do them properly, and have had the feeling its never going to click…? i can manage 5 or six rotations, but its not controlled and i have not improved on that in ages, having a mental block with it now… be good to know if anyone has overcome this and gone on to (wyn) master it!?

giantalkali
    Free Member

Just practice more, sounds like you’ve got the technique, it just needs polishing…

tomhoward

Are wheelies easier on a cheap Halfords bike? Cos all the kids who can do em best ride those

Not as important as a council estate upbringing.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I can neither wheelie nor manual very well and can do maybe 20 keepy uppies with a football so not very good at that either.

I can however, do this all day, just like the Tiger…..

[video]https://youtu.be/DMWxe7envVI[/video]

Maybe it’s a big cat thing? Cougar should try it.

tomhoward

Cougar isn’t named after a big cat…

weeksy

Golf ball juggling, yup, no worries… Football, not too shabby… Wheelies… Meh… Not my strong point at all.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Cougar isn’t named after a big cat…

He’s not named after an older lady with a voracious sexual
    appetite either as I discovered to my chagrin after tweeting him a picture of my wanger.

Little Alan don’t play dat.

i_like_food

Keepie uppies… 16 is my record.

Wheelies… 5 metres.

Manual… I can manual over a small double, but I poop myself doing it.

Can’t jump either!

Any other life skills that I can fail at? 🙂

tomhoward

as I discovered to my chagrin after tweeting him a picture of my wanger

42, is that you?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Keepy uppy or wheelies’ is closed to new replies.