Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Keeping a caravan on a new development…..
  • molgrips
    Free Member

do you really think that is all he did?

I have no idea, and NEITHER DO YOU! One of the most unpleasantly personal judgemental things I’ve seen on here. Very much not cool. Innocent until proven guilty is only fair.

Like I said earlier – what if 2 or 3 others also decide to store caravens there. Good way to make the area look like rundown and untidy

We’re not talking knackered old sh*t heaps or ‘members of the travelling community’ here are we? No difference between cars, work vans, camper vans or caravans imo. If you’ve got silly prejudices against a perfectly reasonable item of leisure equippment then that is your bloody problem 👿

A knackered old heap of junk (like my van) is one thing, but then you wouldn’t want a rusty old car on blocks there would you? Nothing wrong at all with STR’s van going by the pics, same as there’d be nothing wrong with a nice campervan.

TooTall
    Free Member

She couldn’t give me an answer, so I called her a spiteful old lady, albeit rather loudly.

it’s the pettyness that boils my piss.

You claim I don’t make a valid point. Fair enough – I was having a pop at a shed dragger in a childish manner. Oh – and I missed a letter out and I feel bad about it.

Perhaps a better man would have risen above it or perhaps done the right thing in the first instance and stored their shed somewhere that it was permitted? I bet you’d be the first to shout if a load of travellers put their caravans next to yours.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Come off it moley.

molgrips
    Free Member

My neighbours keep two enormous clapped out old minibuses either at their house or on the street at the top of the hill. They are ugly*. Do I complain? Hell no.

* the buses that is, not the neighbours 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What a lovely argument. I am pleased. 😀

angeldust
    Free Member

‘We’re not talking knackered old sh*t heaps or ‘members of the travelling community’ here are we? No difference between cars, work vans, camper vans or caravans imo. If you’ve got silly prejudices against a perfectly reasonable item of leisure equippment then that is your bloody problem’

Molgrips – get some perspective. The situation we are discussing involves a location where caravans are not allowed. Therefore the person with the ‘problem’ is clearly the owner of the caravan, not the neighbour. If the majority of people shared your view on caravans why would so many developments not allow them? If you want to own one, or live in an area that allows them then thats your choice. The OP has chosen to live in an area that does not allow them. Seems pretty simple to me.

angeldust
    Free Member

‘My neighbours keep two enormous clapped out old minibuses either at their house or on the street at the top of the hill. They are ugly*. Do I complain? Hell no.’

Is there anything in the deeds where you live that says they shouldn’t? This is the point of the argument that you are completely missing.

molgrips
    Free Member

This is the point of the argument that you are completely missing

No, not really – in true TJ argument style, I’ve fully accepted that since there’s no reason not to. STR and everyone else understand that it’s against the rules and he is prepared to move it.

STR has said that he will move the van if anyone objects.

What he is complaining about is the nature of and motivation for the objection.

yossarian
    Free Member

Has anyone tried the idave diet?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don’t matter what ‘nature and motivation for the objection’ at all. Completely irrelevant. He’s broken the rules, then seems to think it’s ok for him to do so and anyone who (quite rightly) opposes his selfish behaviour is ‘spiteful’.

If I smoke a spliff, knowing it’s illegal to do so, and I get nicked, there’s no point me whining ‘oh no you’re out of order for nicking me’, is there?

I’d be interested to know just how willing the OP would be to air his views were the complainant a proper massive psychotic lump with a penchant for ‘orrible violence…

TBH the OP is out of order for going round the woman’s house. What was that meant to achieve? if I’d bin her, I’duv told him to do one coming round my house disturbing my peace and quiet with his nonsense.

angeldust
    Free Member

‘What he is complaining about is the nature of and motivation for the objection.’

Which unfortunately is irrelevent when it comes to the action he must take (i.e. remove the caravan). I do agree though that there was no reason for the neighour to (have claimed to) speak to a solicitor at this stage. The OP has an annoying neighbour, but she is in the right.

project
    Free Member

Does the caravan in question have a vote conmservative sign in the window, that would seriously annoy the neighbours.

angeldust
    Free Member

Jeez, I’ve agreed with TJ and Elfin in this thread……

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

angeldust – Member

Jeez, I’ve agreed with TJ and Elfin in this thread……

I can get you some medication for that

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

And there’s also an antiseptic cream available.

angeldust
    Free Member

What can you get for Molgrips? What do the NHS perscribe for narcissism? 😆

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Why not bob the caravan on you front parking spot and your car in the car park? Win/Win!!
    Oh and see if you can get a night stalker lookalike to pop round to shit her up 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Molgrips? Needs lancing, draining then cauterising. 😐

molgrips
    Free Member

Which unfortunately is irrelevent when it comes to the action he must take (i.e. remove the caravan)

Quite right.

He’s not moaning about having to move the caravan, he’s moaning that his neighbour pissed on his chips for what he felt was not a valid reason.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wunundred! 😀

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I think you can legally park it on the street, as long as it is not causing an obstruction. Move it from the carpark to the street if you want to obey the letter of the law. Your neighbours might ask you to move it back though…

Our motorhome is parked on our drive at the back of out house. Technically the neighbours could complain, but we get on well with them and it is out of sight there doesn’t seem to be a problem.

Although many people have posted on this thread and certainly do have many valid points, only one has actually hit the nail squarely on the head.

Missing the point for the sake of an argument is good entertainment though eh?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yup, bunch of pricks.

cynic-al
    Free Member

**** me Ive just read P2

TJ you really need to switch off your pc for a long time and engage with the real world. It looks more and more like you are losing it.

Or just too stoned.

It’s ok Al, I think TJ lives on my road and has recently been to see a solicitor.

Little does he know that I’ve smashed his windows, posted some dog shit and pissed on his/her doorstep earlier tonight.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I always knew you were the type to bully the weak.

Not like that honorable chap Fred. What integrity.

Al, I can’t believe we didn’t see eye to eye for so long.

Beers on me when we meet…..

I’m a bit pissed, so I might go and kick the shit out of some kittens or something.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ive just stabbed your neighbor.

I read the 6 page r but blimey it’s clear tj has smoked too much today.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ah loves young dream …did either of you regret it in the morning?.
    Have you thought about attacking TJ’s argument rather than him al?
    just ignore him if he annoys you.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Although many people have posted on this thread and certainly do have many valid points, only one has actually hit the nail squarely on the head agreed with my own point of view.

FTFY.

Missing the point for the sake of an argument is good entertainment though eh?

There wasn’t much of a point to be missed, in all fairness. But it has been enjoyable, so thanks. 😀

Ah, but Fred – it’s my thread, my point and my nail, so I think I’ll be the judge of who got it, not you.

RichPenny
    Free Member

So, where are you going to move the caravan to?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

so I think I’ll be the judge of who got it, not you.

Erm I don’t think so sonny jim. You’re the defendant, so how can you be the judge? 😕

CONTEMPT OF COURT!

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Keeping a caravan on a new development…..’ is closed to new replies.