Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kayaking
  • Denno17
    Free Member

I have been looking in to doing this for some time and have decided to take the plunge (no pun intended) Can anyone recommend a good beginners ti intermediate kayak for an adult of 6ft please?

slugwash
    Free Member

Check this site out…..

http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk

And consider joining a kayaking club in the short term to get some coaching and support from fellow kayakers 🙂

Burts
    Free Member

Slugwash speaks the truth on both accounts. Definitely a good idea to join a club, especially if you want to venture into white water.

Its better to try several kayaks before purchasing, they come in many variations and sizes. A club is the best way to do this.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Pyro

Yep, all of the above.
    There's so many types of boats, and buying the wrong one (too edgy, lower weight limit, etc) will halt your progression completely.

(Been boating for 20yrs, and still screwing up…)

GhostRider
    Free Member

Friend of mine dose this with an inflatable thing, he's about your height and weight. Does Scottish lochs and some close in shore stuff but recons a hard body Kayak would be better because of wind and rough water. He has very good upper body strength from previous sport. IMO not something to trifle with.

spikerman_1
    Free Member

Where are you based? I can think of a few good clubs in wales to try a loaf of boats at before you commit. seem a 6tf+ bloke in a tiny boat and a wee man in a large boat, will entirely depend on your style

Denno17
    Free Member

Thanks for all your advice. I have been looking for clubs and there is one just up the road in Aberfan they meet at an in door pool on a friday evening and supply all the gear. I've had a go at kayaking years ago but a lot has progressed since then. Spikerman i'm based in ystrad mynach.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kayaking’ is closed to new replies.