Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kawasaki ER6-N
  • iolo
    Free Member

I’ve seen this quite local and seems a good bike.
    Has anyone got real world experience of it?
    Is there anything to look out for.
    It will be used when I’m in the uk and when it’s sunny – so maybe 2 weeks each year.
    What do you guys recon?

iolo
    Free Member

anyone?

Cougar

I rode an ER5 for a while. Shit gearbox seemed to be a feature.

Northwind

They’re good- basically Kwak’s take on the SV650. Fairly comfy (for a naked bike), not a bad wee engine either. Finish quality isn’t great and suspension a bit uncontrolled (well- like I say, it’s Kwak’s take on the SV650, so it comes with the territory) but I’ve never heard of any major reliability issues.

Doesn’t strike me as a great price though, they can be had for £5400 new

(I think I’d have an SV650S for £5000 new tbh! But I am biased. Actually no I wouldn’t, I’d buy a 2002 model with as few miles on it as possible, because they’re prettier. But I am very biased). More biddable engine, lighter weight, slightly quicker handling. Bit less comfy.

Dolcered

I’ve got the faired one,2008 er-6f. Not long back from a 1000 mile trip.

Crazy amount of vibration from it, I gather most parallel twins are like that. My accelerator hand is still recovering. Overall mine was comfier than his zx6r on our trip!

Not sure what screen is like on newer one, but a double bubble is recommended for mine. Not a problem if you like naked bikes. a scotoiler isn’t a bad thing, boyfriend got me one for Christmas, not quite as bad as an iron I guess!

I get about 180 miles from a tank. No reserve, but mine has a low fuel light.

Stoner
    Free Member

did my lessons on one as well as a sv650 – hated both of them. Mainly due to their small size (I’m 6’4″), but also the pretty ragged v-twin in the SV. The ER6 was slightly less ragged, but I was glad to get a parallel twin for my first bike.

duncancallum

Mate had one, not a bad thing just not my bag. Sounded well with a new set of pipes on it…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kawasaki ER6-N’ is closed to new replies.