Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Katy Perry. Would you?
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Worked at Glastonbury (as a performer) back in 1992.
    For those who are old enough, it was the year of the burning Wicker Man – I was part of the act. Seem to recall spending a lot of time basically baked whilst covered in body paint, playing with fire toys in a really dodgy manner.
    Great Fun!!

P-Jay
    Free Member

@john_l no 2000.

Wasn’t a great time for them I think, their moment had passed, but not yet retro / nostalgic – it was an early set middle of the day I think, they were terrible.

I know I went 4 times – 2 very wet, 2 very hot but in the great tradition of fastivals I don’t remember them all clearly but I’m sure I went 4 times over 5 years because they took a break one year – but they seem to have run it 97, 98, 99 and 2000.

It was a great time to be young.

johnx2
    Free Member

I was there in 92 too. Primal Scream played whatever became called the nme stage, screamadelica recently having been released. They were very very good.

Anyway, yes I would go and see KP. Hit after hit, come on. Does no one like pop music?

@harrythespider – to be fair Dildo was good singing the hook on Eminem’s “Stan”

llama

Gone to quite a few and am going this year
    I’ve done hedonistic, through taking kids, taking teenagers, and now going as an oldie
    The thing is, for some people, it’s like a piece of elastic that pulls you back every so often.
    Watching it on tv does not really give you the experience

johnx2
    Free Member

“burning Wicker Man”

Flashback! Forgot about that. Days before camera phones. Or phones. Or cameras. I was only slightly constrained by having a 7 month old baby slung round my neck most of the time…

jimbobo
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure sleaford mods were formed in a flat roofed pub.

chakaping
    Free Member

I always had a love/hate relationship with festivals, but without the right kind of “refreshments” I’m sure I’d find them absolutely unbearable.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

The Wicker Man was a show put on by a group called the Dogs of Heaven, a fire/performance art group composed of a bunch of punks/crusties/anarchists etc from the Hulme Cresent flats in Manc.
    We made the frame from some old roof timbers that we ‘liberated’ from a derelict police station in North Manchester, IIRC someone rented the lockup next door & a hole was made in the wall in order to access the roof space:)

squirrelking
    Free Member

Well I watched Daphne and Celeste at Leeds so, yes, I would go to Katy Perry.

Done Glastonbury a few times albeit working the car parks. Got a free pass which I sold the first year, kept the next couple and on the last year just disappeared after getting given it. Remember Groove Armada were complete rubbish whilst Sister Sledge were amazing, par for the course really. Seen a few ska bands there over the years as well. Being paralytic with the giggles wasn’t fun, think I overcooked that one…

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Katy Perry. Would you?’ is closed to new replies.