Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Kasabian, best live band right now?!!?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I went last night, to a sticky floored sweaty Sheffield academy. Kasabian literally tore the place apart, the best gig I’ve ever been to!!

yunki
    Free Member

that makes me happy..

M6TTF
    Free Member

Not for me I’m afraid. Glad You enjoyed it, a good gig is ace

Hairychested
    Free Member

Sepultura would have them for breakfast IMHO. Soon in Dublin at The Academy 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I saw the riproaring Herman Dune last night at Thekla in Brizzle.

Nothing will ever compare to the first time I saw JLS though 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

What makes you happy yunki?? I’ve been to a fair few gigs from new and old wembley to rock city in notts, but that venue and that band last night was something I’ll bore people about forever! And another thing I’ve never ever been that sweaty even after a bloody bike ride!!

antigee

right now

yes if your planet rock is located in the late ‘seventies

wrightyson
    Free Member

Saw seps 19 yrs ago at rock city, yes awesome, first time we went one of the lads was refused entry coz he didn’t look 18, £7.50 a ticket, thought I’d lost my life savings at the time. But seps not a crowd pleasing unit like kasabian, Tom literally had the whole place in his hands last night, he said jump, we jumped. Sometimes a good gig requires a good crowd and last nights were gold medal contenders!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I see what you mean about the “boring people forever” thing 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Dd 😳

yunki
    Free Member

it makes me happy that they pull off awesome gigs… I like kasabian..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆

I know what you mean though. An awesome gig leaves you buzzing for ages. They’re not really for me, but I hear they’re very good live.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yunki you involed with the boys or just a big fan like me!

emsz
    Free Member

Some bands really go for live in a way that you’d never guess from recording. Everything everything were ace last year wasn’t expecting much, but really cool.

sc-xc

I’m off to Wolvo on Tue. Don’t like the records at all, but last time I saw them it was a great show – reminded me of the Poppies in their prime. As said above, a good gig is a good gig, and when you’re down the front showing the young ‘uns how to mosh…it’s all good.

Good to hear it was a good gig.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sc I promise you you’ll have a great night. Might even be there ourselves as we’re lookin for more tickets but that might just be greedy….

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Big Country still cut it live, catch them at IOW and a few other festivals this summer, new album coming too

sc-xc

Wrighty – if you get there, I’ll be the skinhead at the front with a New Model Army shirt on 8)

finbar
    Free Member

I was about to disagree vehemently, then i realised i was thinking of the Kaiser Chiefs.

Carry on.

Ringo
    Free Member

Didn’t do it for me when I saw them

wrightyson
    Free Member

So how was the wolvo gig??

sc-xc

good. Crowd took a while to warm up, so for a while it was just a few of us going for it…

They soon caught up, and after we saw of the obligatory “Oi, can you stop jumping around…I’m trying to watch the band” (albeit with a bloody noise after he picked a fight with a kid who was pushed into him)it was a great gig!

Looking forward to Justin Sullivan/Joolz at the Hare and Hounds on Sunday now…

Northwind

Fair play, they’re not my sort of thing but they put on a pretty decent show when I saw them. Wouldn’t feature in my top 50 I suspect though.

I was trying to work out who I’d rate as the best live band/performer just now, unexpectedly I end up with Colin MacIntyre. Every show’s a bit special.

nicky
    Free Member

Haven’t seen Kasabian live only on tv, but they have done some amazing alums. I would love to see them live.
    Also Band of Horses rock. First heard of them on the Danny Macaskill video-he’s awesome to. 🙂

Cougar

Having spent 20 years going to gigs I can say with some confidence:

Some bands are live bands. Some bands are album bands. Some bands are singles bands. Proficiency in one does not imply proficiency in another.

spokebloke
    Free Member

Saw them at the Eden Project a while back and ended up impressed but covered in thrown beer. Didn’t get that bit at all.

BoardinBob

I’d rather listen to my parents have sex than listen to Kasabian

So would I BoardinBob, but your mum does go on a bit.

Arctic Monkeys however in Sheff tonight were beyond awesome. Miles Kane rocked too.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Kasabian, best live band right now?!!?’ is closed to new replies.