Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Karrite roof box, any experience?
  • momo

Calling out to the collective here, does anyone have any experience of the Karrite Odyssey 360, I’m looking at buying one to expand the luggage capacity of my car. Will be used on my existing Thule wing bars alongside a pair of 591 bike carriers.

Alternative recomendations are welcome, is it worth spending the extra on Thule/mont blanc etc?

jota180
    Free Member

I prefer Kamei boxes over anything else I’ve seen or used – and there’s been quite a few

Have a look here – http://www.roofbox.co.uk/roof-boxes/

They’re also the nicest people in the world [maybe 🙂 ] to deal with and ask advice from

midlifecrashes

We have the even bigger Karrite, had it at least a decade, it’s great. Nothing has broken, a bit muckier but as good as the day we bought it. Thule give you more features like opening both sides and struts and hinges that are harder to snag, but you’d have to work hard to convince me any are necessary. Wing bars, big box, one 591 is our setup. We use the U bolts that came with the box, rather than the T-track, because it just works and that’s what ours came with.

spacemonkey

Kamei owner here (via Roofbox bundle). Bloody good bit of kit.

ourmaninthenorth

+1 Kamei. Central locking + opens either side, so convenient for UK and The Continent(tm).

Also got mine from Roofboox who were as friendly as described.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I picked up a cheap Exodus (Halfords own) thing a year back. Its one of the shiny black streamlined half width ski box type things.

Easy to fit, easy to remove, easy to load and lock etc. Does exactly whats expected of a big box on my car roof. To be fair, for holidays we wouldn’t be without it – just gives that bit of extra room for kids bikes, buckets and spades etc to be thrown into. Got ours for about £80 on eBay…

bigG
    Free Member

I bought an ex demo Kamei box from roofbox.co.uk and I can confirm it’s a great bit of kit. Seems pretty sturdy to me when compared to some of the Halfords Exodus boxes but that might be just a perception as I’ve not tried a Halfords box laden with anything.

benp1

Surely Thule for the win?

I have a land rover one which is a rebranded Thule box. Thule keys and locks, opens from each side, QR clamps. Very good bit of kit

Harry_the_Spider

Surely Thule for the win at all costs?[/i]

FTFY

We’ve had a Karrite Odyssey 450 for years. Can’t fault it.

Easy to fit and sturdy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Karrite roof box, any experience?’ is closed to new replies.