Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Karpun in July – help please
  • DickBarton

Back in 2007, I sepnt a fortnight with Over The Edge biking and had a cracking time there – went with my wife and a couple and we all did some biking and holiday stuff. We stayed in the Sonnblick hotel and it was seriously good.

We are now parents to a 2 year old (or will be 2 by July) but we fancy going back for a fortnight. Over The Edge is no more so I'm thinking about seeing about hiring a villa or something for the 4 adults plus 1 child (or it might be 5 adults and 1 very young child).

Thing is, I'm clueless about what to search for and how – I've tried holiday homes, Kaprun in Google and it's not returning anything that is shouting out at me. Does anyone know of any places that are available for hire for at least 10 days (I'm hoping to stretch the whole holiday to 3 weeks so it might end up being 17 days).

So ideally suggestions on places to rent to stay and any hints of routes – actually not routes as such just any info on access – we seemed to be able to go wherever on teh bikes but I don't know if that is fine or if it needs to be on recognised trails and the like.

Overall plan is to drive down with the kit and bikes so I'm guessing there will be a 2 day travel at either end of the trip hence why the full 14 or 21 days isn't needed.

Thanks.

nasher
    Free Member

There is another MTB company based in or around Kaprun I think…

schnullelieber
    Free Member

Have at look at http://www.tiscover.at for accommodation in Austria.
    For googling, try entering "Kaprun ferienwohnung" (=holiday home) you might get more/better results.

DickBarton

Superb, thanks for the pointers…only potential issue with a biking holiday company is that they might not be set up for 2 parents/young child for accommodation and then finding stuff to do for the others when one of them is riding.

Saying that, do you know the name of the other company please?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I'll be there the first weekend in July..

I went to see Diz and Matus in 2008, and had a great time.

As for Routes, Im gonna Email Matus, and see if he fanices a week of showing me around….

DickBarton

I'd heard Matus was back home running his family bike shop…if he is still there then braw…a seriously impressive rider.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yeah, he is back home… but Im gonna try and tempt him to come over with his Mrs and have a weeks "holiday"… :mrgreen:

DickBarton

What an eejit – just realise I've misspelt the name – it's Kaprun not Karpun!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Karpun in July – help please’ is closed to new replies.