Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Karcher K2 pressure washer – is this any good?
  • RustySpanner

Karcher K2 Home:
    Linky.

Ms S has decided we need a pressure washer.
    Are these any good?

Does it do anything that a hosepipe and a brush can’t?

Reviews seem to be very mixed – ‘specially regarding reliability.

Thanks in advance.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Looks a bit underpowered, useful for car cleaning but I wouldn’t use it on my bikes. I think the model I have is a K4 (still wouldn’t use it on m bikes).

nealglover
    Free Member

For the price it’s a great machine.

And the patio/deck cleaner attachment is great (if you have a patio or a deck that needs cleaning)
    They are effortless to use and needs no chemicals to clean.

For occasional car or bike cleaning they are perfect, nice and compact, easy to store and move, and powerful enough for what you need.

Something more substantial would be needed if you are going to use it every day, but for home use the K2 is perfectly good.

Bregante

I’ve got that one. As above it’s a domestic piece of kit. More than adequate. Brings my patio up lovely. Great for the car too. I do use it on my bikes – just be careful where you point it.

mattstreet

Bought that exact one last weekend with the BH deals at homebase. Just blasted the drive & patio with it and it’s done the job great – far better and easier than what I’ve managed to previous with a hose, brush and elbow grease.

dantsw13

Karcher have a factory reconditioned website with some fab bargains on it.

jp-t853

Nilfisk

kevj
    Free Member

Before you buy, check out the Karcher website. They have a refurbished section where the machine has been fixed by a real person. I recently bought a 90 quid washer for £35 plus p&p.

kevj
    Free Member

Edit, should have read Dantsw13’s post!

trail_rat
    Free Member

As above nilfisk regularly come top of the reviews for usability.

I have a bosch 110 aquatak – does the job

But same issue with both

I wish i could use some of karchers attachments specifically the foamer nozzle . A karcher gun is prohibitively expensive and the lance is too big for other guns

bearnecessities

Nilfisk

That. Better internals (more metal, less plastic). Mine’s fab (although patio attachment is a total waste of space)

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

+1 for Nilfisk (and +1 that the patio attachment is useless).

nealglover
    Free Member

So if you actually want the patio attachment, nilfisk isn’t really an option then by the sound if it ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tbh the patio attachment on my bosch an my parents karcher is nothing like adverts ( shock horror). Found bleach and a stiff brush works better followed by a blast with the pressure washer.

johndoh
    Free Member

dantsw13 – Member
    Karcher have a factory reconditioned website with some fab bargains on it.
    POSTED 4 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

This – I got that kit for £60 from there last autumn.

stuarty
    Free Member

Finger over the end of the hose is more usefull
    As for cleaning patio cheat.
    3 to 1 mix of hypochlorite applied with watering can and rose
    Quick scrub n rinse optional
    Like new

nealglover
    Free Member

Tbh the patio attachment on my bosch an my parents karcher is nothing like adverts

My Karcher Patio attachment cleans perfectly 😐

Dead easy to use. Once a year at the end of winter and the patio looks like new.

trail_rat
    Free Member

It cleans but definantly takes. More effort than the advert and more than the stiff brush method i thought

No nonsense patio cleaner helped.

organic355
    Free Member

Homebase have got the K2 PREMIUM on sale for £114 (half price), ends today i think.

Not sure what the Premium bit means, think you just get more attachments, maybe a car kit, got it yesterday, and not unboxed it get. Was going to wash the car today after yesterdays lovely weather but its bloody freezing today!!

nealglover
    Free Member

The K2 Premium has a Karcher Foam Lance included.
    For spraying foam at your car to loosen dirt before washing.
    They are pretty useful if you buy the right stuff to go in them (ph neutral snowfoam)

By the way, a lot of Karcher kits come with a “car wash” brush.

Unless you don’t like your car and you want as many scratches on it as possible, I wouldn’t recommend using it !
    Use the lance to remove as much dirt as possible, then a Microfibre or Wool wash mitt with a decent shampoo.

Those brushes just scrape grit around all over your paintwork 😐

trail_rat
    Free Member

Car kit brush was good for cleaning eaves and garage door and the 4×4 where scratches are character…..

They make an horrific amount of scratches on an already scratched to hell car !!! If your car was in good nick i think youd cry !

nealglover
    Free Member

If your car was in good nick i think youd cry !

Indeed !!

A couple of months ago I did full Machine Polish to remove scratches from a 1 Month old Range Rover in black.

He had washed it once using the “Car Wash” brush from his new Karcher Kit and the mess was incredible 🙁

(Good business for me, but an expensive lesson for the client !)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Karcher K2 pressure washer – is this any good?’ is closed to new replies.