Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • karcher for cleaning bike?
  • badllama
    Free Member

Hi all missis wants a karcher for cleaning driveway, paths, patio etc just wondering if there is any issues I should know about using it for cleaning the bike 🙂
    This will make the final decision on whether I buy one or not lol

wurzelcube
    Free Member

I was always told not to use a pressure washer as the water is easily forced by bearing seals (forks, wheels, headset, BBs etc)

crofts2007
    Free Member

Excellent for removing grease from bearings, amongst other things! 🙁
    Use with caution on the above, and forks can end up with water past the seals.
    Ok on the tyres though. 🙂

highclimber
    Free Member

so long as you don’t hold the nozzle close to sensitive areas, it’ll be fine to clean with.

Drac

Turn the pressure right down and don’t no point blank at areas containing bearings or where you want grease to stay. I’ve used jet washes on my bikes for about 15 years including work industrial size one and had no problems, be cautious of flaked paint too or you’ll have a naked frame.

So a little bit of common sense and they’re fine.

martymac

as drac says, no problem as long as you keep the pressure down and/or dont go too close.
    ive been doing it for years too, never had a problem.

bruneep

I’ve used jet washes on my bikes for about 15 years including work industrial size one and had no problems

lazy public sector employee washes bike at work shocker! 😉

Drac

Like I would do such a thing, I use to call post ride.

Honest 😉

bren2709

Just bought a Hozelock 100 from B&Q superb little washer does everything patio to bikes.
    Cannot go wrong for price.

badllama
    Free Member

Cheers guys use with caution noted. Have a chance to get the bike dirty tomorrow to give it a try afterwards 🙂

Buying something for the bike and staying in good books with missis RESULT LOL

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘karcher for cleaning bike?’ is closed to new replies.