Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kangoo Radiator bleeding, help required please
  • muddodger
    Free Member

Morning all
    just changed the thermostat on my kangoo due to a worn seal, all OK except I can’t get the air from the cooling system.
    There’s a bleed screw on one of the pipes, which I can get a decent flow of water from, but do I;
    remove the expansion bottle lid to bleed?
    leave lid on?
    have engine running?
    what’s the correct order for this? I’m used to VW’s that seem simple to bleed compared to this!!
    Have googled it, but my googling skills have let me down.

Cheers

unovolo
    Free Member

Don’t know if this will help but run the engine letting it get up to temp make sure the heater is on full hot setting so water circulates through the pipework and heater matrix too.
    I have the top off the expansion bottle so it can burp away any trapped air.
    Give all accessible water pipes a good squeeze on a regular basis to help disperse any air locks.
    Once you think its fully bled open any bleed valves to be sure.
    Once bled top up with coolant/antifreeze and you should be done.

takisawa2

Seal a bike pump to cap with a section of rubber glove & create a vacum…might draw the air out. 😕

torsoinalake
    Free Member

If it is anything like the Peugeot I had, you may need to create a header tank with an empty plastic bottle. Cut the bottom off an empty 2 Lt Coke bottle or coolant bottle. O-ring around the neck to seal it in the filler neck of the expansion tank.

1/2 fill bottle with coolant, run the engine up to temperature, and then bleed as per unovolo, keeping the bottle topped up the whole time.

tthew

From memory, (and assuming it’s a DCi engine) there’s two bleed points. One on the pipe to the heater matrix which you already have and there’s another just below the cylinder head on the near side of the engine. Think it was part of a plastic moulded component of some sort, but it’s a couple of years ago so I’m a bit hazy.

A couple of minor top-ups were all that was required after I did mine, and no need to extend the height of the header tank as the bottle’s high up anyway. Peter Russek does quite a decent maintenance manual for the Kangoo and it’s pretty cheap.

muddodger
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, It’s a 1.4, should’ve mentioned that.
    I actually sorted this yesterday but forgot to check on here.
    Seems I didn’t leave it long enough to warm up, in the end I got bored of waiting and took it for a gently drive with the cap off after squeezing all the pipes I could find.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kangoo Radiator bleeding, help required please’ is closed to new replies.